You have died... again. Dark Souls 2 announced

Look for windmills and fallen towers.

Coming off of four straight From games, this one does feel floaty. In Things Betwixt I felt constantly in danger of skating off the edge of some dropoff. I don’t recall that feeling last time.

I don’t know, man, this game feels clunky. Donnie, I’m out of my element.

Of course if you insist on soloing Midir all bets are off.

The animations in DS2 are really clunky, it does give it a weird feel. But you’ll get used to it eventually. It does make me wonder what the hell went on during development.

My weapon has a B scaling in dex, I can’t be anywhere near a softcap yet, and yet putting a point in dex wouldn’t raise my weapon damage at all???

Scaling seems rough in this game. Had about 10k souls after the giant guy, enough for a few levels to move the needle on dex dmg. I put them in VGR instead.

Did you get your agility to 105 yet btw? I remember that being my first priority, so that rolling feels more similar to the other Souls games.

No, I haven’t had any real problems with the rolling…yet, and a point in adaptability was not going to change Agility at all, so I have focused on increasing my absurdly small (god damn that hollowing) health pool first.

Yea, the hollowing upon death is a real thing in DS2. It makes it so there is a real penalty to dying in the game. There is a ring available fairly early in the game that helps with that but the fact is if you put some levels into health you will be fine without the ring. Plus you can effigy up for boss fights.

I reached Armorer Dennis and…I may actually just be done. This fight is complete bullshit, and if it’s indicative of what’s to come, I don’t think I have the patience for it. I don’t remember having a lot of trouble with him as a sorcerer, but as a level 30 rapier user it’s completely impossible.

Edit: After reading about other people bitching about him, I ended up cheesing him with the Seed of Giants or whatever it is, an item that spawns in the same room he does. If you’re moving at a normal pace, there’s no way you’d reach it before he was on your ass.

Also, my weapon seems to have horrible, horrible tracking. It will just stab thin air on a followup swipe if the target has moved even a tiny bit. I had a comical moment where I was trying to stab an archer who was shuffling zombielike and just ended up stabbing in a big circle around him because the weapon absolutely refused to go to target.

Don’t quit! Souls 2 is my favorite of the bunch (I know not the popular opinion). It did desolate grittiness better for me than the other two and does ramp up as you go along.

What about Demon’s Souls, though.

Never did get a chance to play that one unfortunately. No playstation. I would like to sign up for the service at some point and cover that one + Bloodborne.

I don’t remember that guy, but then some of the invading NPC’s are SOTFS only and so I haven’t run into them as often. Also some NPC invaders require you be effigied up while others don’t.

I don’t know why FROM chose to call the main healing/make you human item a different thing in each game.

I never got used to using large weapons because they track terribly.

Yeah, this guy is SotFS-only, at least in FoFG.

I know the name I just can’t think of where he shows up. Okay, I looked him up. Yea, he is a bad ass this early in the game. The surrounding enemies are also a problem.

The surrounding enemies are the only reason I beat him, thanks to the item that turns enemies against invaders.

I played Dark Souls 1 and then went back to Demon’s Souls and played both to obsession (100% Platinum Trophied both). But that much Souls in a row burned me out for a while, so while I played about a third of Bloodborne, I haven’t played DS2 or 3 or Sekiro yet – should I play Dark Souls 2 before 3, or does it really matter?

I would not say it matters, although you may have a difficult time adjusting to 2’s somewhat awkward combat after 3. I sure am. Then again, if you get used to 2’s combat, 3’s may be a tough pill to swallow, too, fast as it is. Although you’ve played BB, which is the fastest of them all, I think (I generally exclude Sekiro, which I haven’t played much of but don’t really think of as a Souls game [although opinions differ on that] from these analyses).

It probably doesn’t matter but if you enjoy the lore then I would say you should play them in order. Also, DS3 is faster and is, I have read, Bloodborne influenced. I think playing it first would effect how you viewed the earlier games. @Kolbex could probably better speak to that though.

So far I’m finding 2 an oddball. The combat doesn’t feel like 1 or 3, and in fact feels pretty awful all the time. The (lack of) tracking on my attacks is infuriating.