You know you are getting old when ....

This list is kind of dumb. Who doesn’t use sheets to cook like #11, we literally just bought some more recently. Ice Cream still comes in boxes like that, literally just bought Neopolitan ice cream in a box recently. Had the hard candy in a dish this Christmas just like every Christmas. You have to be old to use a slice of bread for a hot dog? I know my kids have gotten those wax bottle candies some time in the past few years.

There is old stuff there, but there is a lot of current stuff there as well. Neopolitan ice cream in a box is still a thing.

A cold hotdog wrapped in a slice of american cheese is freaking awesome!

I think I remember all of those.

They still make Boones farm. $5.97 a bottle.

To quote an old Rugby buddy of mine, you are old when “I’m never doing that again” has been replaced by “I just can’t drink like I used to”.

I know I’m old because the music at Weis is SO. DAMN. LOUD!!!

Even when it’s 90s music and I’m kinda singing along I’m also like, “Man, there are way older people than me in here, and they sure as shit don’t want to hear Alice in Chains or whatever at this volume.”

and then I come home and bitch to my wife and she laughs at me.

I do too. It’s not -quite- as gnarly looking but it’s double ply bakers secret cooking sheet and the thing rocks. It warps less than any other oven sheet we have.

I bought some baloney not long ago and made myself fried baloney sandwiches for about a week until I got tired of my wife making fun of me and threw out the last 1/3 of the baloney. It was good, but not 100% as good as I remember. Really the fondness was loving the crazy shit our dad would make us when mom was on a work trip.

Hotdogs, however, are still fucking delicious.

Look at all these Boomers in here posting on a forum to argue with a listicle.

/Cries in Depends.

I recognized 26 of those.

I recall that in junior high school, we were allowed to leave the school premises at lunch time and a few times a buddy of mine and I would go to a bodega nearby that was owned by my buddy’s “uncle” (no blood relation, close family friend) who would sell us Bartles and Jaymes wine coolers. We’d get back to school buzzed and abuse our hall monitor privileges on a few occasions.

When I was in elementary school we were not allowed to leave school premises at lunch, but I would collect orders in the morning and sneak to the local Ben Franklin (drugstore) at lunch and buy packs of gum and candy, then sell them at outrageous markup in the afternoon. My first and only experiment with entrepreneurship and my introduction to the concept (though not the actual term) of arbitrage.

You’re supposed to own a successful chain of stores at this point; and I’m supposed to be a drunk! What happened? :)

It’s worth springing for good baloney, in my experience - frying it makes it better but if you start with something better than the cheap-o crap it’s really very tasty.

I think that was my issue I had no understanding of what a good brand was. I bought Oscar Mayer beef thick cut bologna with the red ring. It was … okay. Next time I’ll ditch the red ring nostalgia and go with a standard cut, maybe Boar’s Head.

My feelings in 3 pictures:

I would call those tubs. They are distinct from the folded cardboard boxes ice-cream was packaged in a while back.

Right, the cardboard ones you could unfold and slice the ice cream with a knife into 6 rectangles. One for each family member. For dinner, not dessert.

I realized i was old when i clicked this thread hoping it would be about the subject matter.

IIRC, one slice on the short end fit perfectly onto a waffle.