You know you are getting old when ....

How many of these foods have you eaten?
Me: nearly all of them.

Not a food, but you know you’re getting old when your baby sister starts researching retirement communities.

Oh no. No no. Nononono.

Lord I miss those Hunt pudding snacks.

I’m a little confused, I have one of those pans from #11. Do they just not make those anymore or something?

edit: think I’ve got that same #24 bowl too

We just gave our kids books of Life Savers in their stockings this Christmas.

Yeah most of those. They didn’t include Wonder bread, Italian restaurants with checkered red tablecloths, or powdered milk. (Did you know you can buy powdered milk now that actually tastes like rich, creamy milk? I get it for camping. It’s pricey!)

I still use an air popper. There is no better way to make popcorn. (Though finding kernals usually involves knocking all of the microwavable garbage on the floor to find the one dusty bag on the back of the shelf at the grocery.) Also for camping there is nothing better than Jiffy Pop.

My ex-wife’s family gives each other these every year. It’s been a tradition for 40 years.

Me too. I think I bought it a few months ago. It’s classy!

Wendy’s packaging isn’t yellow anymore? I know it’s been awhile since I ate there, but I didn’t think it had been all that long…

Only one thing in that list I didn’t recognize:

???

Looks like baloney to me, my grandmother used to fry it up for sandwiches like that when I was a kid.

Fried baloney, which is delicious.

so you mean, a fried slice of hotdog. Better than a boiled hotdog, or cold hot dog out of the fridge, sure.

Okay, that was my best guess. Seems thicker than the Oscar Meyer bologna I remember. I never had fried bologna sandwiches. But I also never had liver and onions…

Stupid clickbait shit. Only old people run out of hotdog buns? Hate that you got me to click on a buzzfeed listicle. The world is infinitesimally worse for it.

I bet AI wrote it. In fact, I hope it did.

Right? And most of the other stuff is still around, just less popular than it used to be.

This is my question also, I think the last time I was at a Wendy’s was in 2019, so maybe it has been awhile. I swear the packaging was yellow back then.

I realized I was getting old when I first hired somebody who was born after I graduated university.

You forgot to mention the Wonder Bread.

It’s funny, I’ve seen it many times on store shelves but I do not believe I’ve ever actually eaten any Wonder bread.

I knew I was old the first time I realized I was (mostly) silently singing along to the music being played at the grocery store.

Even more so when that same store is now playing music that is a little too current for me.