You wanted a pure shooter in Fortnite? Now, you've got it.

You wanted a pure shooter in Fortnite? Now, you’ve got it. Epic Games has introduced a permanent gameplay mode for Fortnite with no building. All you old-school shooter vets that complained about the twitchy “juvenile” need to out-build enemies to succeed in Fortnite Battle Royale can finally put up or shut up. Fortnite Zero Build boils the game down to its shooter elements. “Without building, all players have the recharging Overshield as your first line of defense in Zero Build. Zip up Ascenders to access Blimps or use Mantling to get the high-ground over your opponents. Don’t forget to Sprint between cover on your way to a Victory Royale!” No more infinite staircase fights.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2022/03/29/you-wanted-a-pure-shooter-in-fortnite-now-youve-got-it/

Seems like if you wanted this, you could just play Apex, which has better shooter mechanics.

My main issue with Fortnite wasn’t the building, it was just that the overall feel of the shooting was floaty and bad.

Git gud old man!

I get the feeling most people, certainly kids, play Fortnite because their friends play Fortnite, not for the gameplay.

Yeah, so I have a friend who plays a lot. He has kids of that age, and he is always asking us to play.

The no building mode is what got me to reinstall the game.

Yeah, it is pretty fun.

Let me know when Fortnite becomes an arena shooter. I’m just not into battle royales.