Your game of E3?

Now the early part is over, what’s top of your personal list?

I’ll go with Dying Light 2, due to a balance of looking good and still being relatively fresh. Division 2 still looked a little bit bullet spongy MMO and Rage 2 maybe a bit crazee, but both of them are also up there.

Not a lot happening in the non-shooty man world.

Most excited: Devil May Cry 5

Biggest shock: Nioh 2 announcement already

Biggest surprise I didn’t expect to like: I thought Ghost of Tsushima was going to be derivative crap, but the atmosphere is enough to keep me intrigued a little longer.

Sekiro is going to be fun too.

That’s crazy talk. There’s a lot of swords and bows too.

I’ll let you know in four and a half hours. ;)

Yeah, everyone acting like there isn’t still another conference to go is insane, particularly since it looks like it’ll be the only one showing games releasing in 2018!

Still waiting on Nintendo’s presentation, but so far it has to be Cyberpunk 2077 despite the game likely being years away. Most of the AAA announcements that appealed to me this year were just trailers rather than gameplay demostrations.

The others I’m hyped for:
Sekiro
Devil May Cry 5
Resident Evil 2
Metro Exodus
Doom Eternal
The Last of Us II

Last of Us 2 by a mile

Most stuff is much too far away from releasing for me to get excited about it. However, the one game I’m thrilled about is Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I already knew about the game before E3, but it’s still my most anticipated game right now.

If I had to choose a second game I’m interested in, even though it’s probably not going to release forever, it’s going to be the Doom sequel. I’m not thrilled about the fact that it takes place on Earth, since it looked like a Darksiders 1 redo in the teaser, but I love DOOM 2016 so much that I’m counting the years till its sequel.

Nothing else appealed to me very much, but I’m not a fan of multiplayer stuff.

If anything, E3 convinced me I need to buy a PS4 because of all the games I haven’t yet played, and the Xbox’s dreary future exclusives lineup.

Very likely Forza Horizon 4 for me. It looks awesome, plays at 60fps on the One X and is out before February 2019 or beyond.

If Rise of the Tomb Raider ends up having a fair bit of actual tomb raiding as well, then it’s going to be up there.

Way further into the future, it has to be Cyberpunk 2077. We finally got a glimpse of it. And I can’t wait to visit that world.

I was excited till I saw the lead in the promo stuff keeps smoking by his car. Not buying if that’s representative of the playable character’s actions in the game.

Someone doesn’t have a Switch. :)

But probably The Last of Us 2.

They already told me about Bayonetta 3!

Aren’t they only showing games released in 2018? I’m not expecting it this year.

Besides, anyone starving for a new game in the next 6 months is certifiably insane. I’m booked solid through the end of the year already.

Oh, I haven’t seen Nintendo’s reveals. I knew about Bayo 3 from a while back, certainly excited for that one.

For many on Qt3, it ended last night.

I really liked the look of Resident Evil 2. I’m looking forward to noon though. It’s all Switch games. 3DS debuts will be later.

Um, we got a release date for Dragon Quest? Otherwise, put me in the “waiting for the Switch” group.

Yes, show me that sweet sweet Metroid.

Remember when they showed off all that sweet Anno 1800 content at E3…

Said no one at E3. :(

Anyway, I think Last of Us 2 really looked great. It will be on my list of PS4 titles to get one day.

MARXISM!
https://twitter.com/LucyDEire/status/1006505754189352960

1. Cyberpunk 2077
  2. Metro Exodus
  3. Dying Light 2
  4. Last of Us 2
  5. Forza Horizon 4
  6. Death Stranding
  7. Ghost of Tsushima
  8. Control

I have zero interest in the nintendo stuff so this is it for me.
4 sequels, 4 new IPs.

Going through the OP in the E3 thread to refresh my memory, here were my favorites:

Really looking forward to:
Halo Infinite
Metro Exodus
Forza Horizon 4 <----- 2018!!!
Ori & Will of the Wisp
Rage 2
DOOM Eternal
Ghosts of Tsushima
Death Stranding - I never thought I’d look forward to a Kojima game, honestly, after I finished MGS2, but this trailer was just fantastic.
Starfield - Sign me up right now for 2021, or whenever this comes out

Next tier of excitement:
Sekiro - From Software
Dying Light 2 - Choice & consequences?
Cyberpunk 2077 - Looks good, but hard to get excited by a CG trailer
Beyond Good & Evil 2? - Again, a CG trailer though
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey - This looked incredible, I want to explore this Ancient Greece so badly. Only thing holding this back from the top tier is that I have so many Assassin’s Creed games to catch up on
Control - I’m a little tentative about Remedy, but this trailer looked great. Half Life 2’s gravity gun gameplay mixed with a Portal-like aesthetic.
Elder Scrolls VI - Bethesda has consistently improved gameplay with each iteration, but they still need to work on story and characters.

UNDECIDED:

Last of Us 2 - Amazing trailer showing both an off-beat moment at a dance, and familiar gameplay similar to the original. But I can’t shake this feeling that when you have a piece of art that’s so perfect, like Last of Us was, anything you add to that can only make it less than perfect, no matter how good it is. I can enjoy Last of Us 2 on its own merits, and I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, but it still rubs me the wrong way that Last of Us is getting a sequel. Part of me was wishing this didn’t look so good, so I could just ignore it and sit in my happy little world where Last of Us didn’t have a sequel.

Edit: Are any of the rest of my list besides Forza Horizon 4 supposed to be released in 2018?