Your smartphone history and reasons you replaced your old phone

I’m not familiar with Apple’s naming schemes, so that’s interesting that they not only have a Pro version of their phones, but a Max tacked on at the end of the Pro to make it even better than the Pro I guess?

Pro for Apple means more expensive/premium, not actually for pros. The previous gen wasn’t well-differentiated but this one has the 120Hz screen.

Max indicates the larger sized model.

Nope. Some were through work most were just just wasteful.

Yeah that’s a crazy list. You had both the X and the 8+, which came out the same year!

I got the X a year after the 8 right before the XS came out and kept it until last month (austerity period) so it did last a while.

Ahh, poor timing. That’s gotta hurt.

I did indeed end up getting the iPhone XS in 2018. Kept that two years, got an iPhone 12 Pro in 2020, which I also plan to keep at least two years. A new iPhone every year was fun, but getting married shifted my priorities at least a little bit on where my “fun money” goes.

Hmm, well since the second version of the iPhone (or whichever one worked with Microsoft Exchange) I’ve owned every largest version. Sadly, I’ve also owned the original Pixel XL (gave it to a family member) and numerous Galaxy Notes, although the Note 20 Ultra is the only one I’ve used alongside one of my iphones. I keep trying to break away from Apple, but nothing has stuck. For example, wifi doesn’t work for some apps on my Note 20 Ultra (they work fine over wireless) since the last upgrade or I would have used my Note 20 exclusively when I had the iPhone 12 pro max.

I dabbled with the Z Fold 3 twice and really like the form factor, but the battery life just isn’t there yet.

The iPhone 13 pro max is king in my household now.

I have the opposite problem. Our execs love Apple Mail so much they keep wanting IT to “fix” it so Apple Mail on iOS supports all the Exchange Server features which Apple is in no rush to use and they refuse to use the Outlook app. :(