You're the Worst - FX

Anyone watch this? Season two just finished airing; I just discovered it though so I’m only caught up through about half of the second season.

I can’t remember where I saw this recommended. I think it was mentioned in some year end TV summary/review along the lines of “oh yeah and this is quietly becoming pretty good”. It’s not exactly groundbreaking, just a raunchy sitcom about two unlikely jerks falling in love despite themselves, but the cast is pretty great—Aya Cash’s Gretchen in particular—and the second season is getting more serious without getting less funny. It’s not flawless, the best friend Edgar isn’t very believable as a vet struggling with PTSD and his character has more than a passing physical resemblance to David Schwimmer’s Ross from Friends, right down to the occasional nasal moping, but he still works well with the rest of the cast and I like where things are going for him this season.

If you’re looking for a quick binge watch while the rest of TV is on break for holidays, season one is only 10 half hour episodes and is on Hulu, and season two is 13 episodes if you can find a way to watch it (like borrowing your friend’s U-verse account for everything on cable, my personal recommendation!)

Loved the first season. I have been dying to see the second from my cable cut abode.

Well then I have terrible news, it’s better than season one! (so far)

I’m pretty patient, so that is great to hear. I like how most of the characters started out as caricatures and then bloomed into people with actual feelings and motivations. Nuanced zaniness.

Episode 9 of the second season is one of my favorite episodes of TV this year. It so beautifully builds on what they’ve been doing up to that point in the season. The whole thing is great by the way, so you’re not going to be disappointed when you make it to the end.

Season 2 goes to some dark places. I have watched every episode though.

Oh, and it just landed at #5 on A.V. Club’s best TV of the year: http://www.avclub.com/article/best-tv-2015-part-2-229334

Slight spoilers about the direction of the season in their summary though.

Just watched that episode at lunch, very good.

It’s great. Kind of like Louie, there are episodes this season you might mistake it for a drama instead of a comedy, but I’ve loved it.

I’m finally caught up with this after starting a couple weeks ago. Fun show for sure but I liked the dark path it took in the 2nd season.

Season 3 has started! Yay! 🔪

Have to wait until it hits Hulu after cord cutting…damn!

Reminder! This show is excellent.

Agreed, it is pretty fantastic. This last episode was excellent too.

“Do…we…decimal?”

Really enjoyed season two and was definitely surprised by the direction the female lead’s story went. Can’t wait for season three to hit the Hulus.

Yup, still one of my favorite shows on television.

Aargh Jimmy, what’s wrong with you?

(I just watched the season finale.)

After the finale I flipped over to the Louisville-Houston game. There were fireworks at the end and suddenly I was very emotional.

“This is fine”

*slow clap*