Yuuup!

Oh, man. Great example. I loved the british version, and the american kitchen nightmares is an unbelievable steaming pile of shit.

On the Kitchen Nightmares front, I had high hopes for Resturaunt Impossible…until I actually watched it. Arbitrary timelines, silly low reno budgets, 15 minutes of conversation to “fix” an entire wait staff. It turned out to be more “Trading Spaces” then a true attempt to help these failing resturaunts.

Oh, and I also hate that they never have anything good to say about the food. Makes it feel completely unrealistic. The British (and season 1 America) Kitchen Nightmares are more honest about the food.

I remember an episode of Kitchen Nightmares where Ramsey’s trying the food and in the middle he’s like “Wow, this dish is really good. Who made this?” (pretty sure that’s the episode where at the end he says “Unfortunately (name) is no long at the resturaunt. He received a job offer working for, well, me. I couldn’t resist hiring such a talented chef”.

Gods yes. I love the idea of American Restoration, and the people involved are talented as all hell and create some truly amazing things. If only the show focused more on the process and less on the people it would be a must watch every week.