Zombasite: New action RPG from Soldak Entertainment

Soldak’s latest ARPG has been discussed a bit in various threads, but to my knowledge we didn’t have a dedicated thread for the game. So this is that.

From the Zombasite… site.

You are the leader of a clan trying to survive the apocalypse. This is easier said than done. When a follower dies, they can’t be saved by any means. The Zombasite is highly contagious and zombies are quickly ravaging the world’s surface. Food is a critical resource that must be obtained. Vendors are rare and have limited supplies. Some of the stronger monsters have survived and are as dangerous as ever. Clans of humans and monsters are fighting over what few supplies are left. Even within your own clan it isn’t safe. Humans living on the edge are even more unstable than usual. So yeah, survival isn’t easy.

Zombasite is scheduled to be released in the 2nd quarter of 2015, however it will be released when it’s done.

Mr. Peeler has been pretty clear in previous posts that this isn’t “just a Zombie Game” and that there’s plenty of other villainous knaves outside our not-so-shambling undead foe.

Here’s some screenshots for the illiterates among us:

Looks like Steven can afford real artists now.

What! Not another zombie game!

… is not a phrase that gets much use from me. Looks pretty good and I’ve enjoyed Drox Operative, I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.

Looks really good. I’m pretty excited for this.

Sold, day one, beta, whatever, it will be mine. I don’t even like zombies, but I’ll play this.

While I don’t agree with the tone, I did notice that there’s a marked improvement in the look of the game!

This looks intriguing.

I’m tired of zombies, but it seems Steven is trying to expand on some of the ideas he used in Depths of Peril, which makes me interested in this game.

I’m there.

QT3 co-op ahoy!

The tone was meant to be neutral. Din’s Curse looked like ass^H^H^H functional indie art. Drox was a little better because it had to do less. Zombasite looks nicer. If it features the kind of things that made Din’s worthwhile, I’ll be there.

Can’t wait to get access to this when the beta rolls around!

Every time I think the horizon is clear of games I’m interested in buying…

Shut up and slot my credstick !

I’ve been following Soldak on Twitter and there have been some entertaining tweets

Taking screenshots in Zombasite and had the sound & UI off, when I turned UI back on I found all my NPCs had been killed in a town attack.

[I]Since zombies, clans, crazy NPCs, and monsters weren’t dangerous enough in Zombasite, now forests and grasslands can catch on fire. :)

In Zombasite, assuming they don’t die too quick from zombies, other clans, or town attacks, NPCs can now get married to one another.

While playtesting Zombasite, I almost recruited an infected NPC. Luckily I noticed the signs in time. I actually wasn’t expecting it.[/I]

Day one buy. Earlier if he puts up the beta for sale

The difference is really just normal mapping and per-pixel specular lighting.

I’m so ridiculously hyped for this. I would still play Din’s I think if I had people to play with. Loved the coop, but most of my friends have gaming ADD

Steven, I know it is only in an alpha stage, but any idea how long 'till I can give you all my monies?

I’m hoping we can start beta in the next few months, but it really depends on when we can get all of the art finished.

Well, the earlier you get my monies, the earlier you can get the art finished! ;)

Actually, I’d love to hear your thoughts on Steam Early Access. I would have thought your amazing track record could be leveraged into some serious media coverage ahead of an EA launch that could drive some truly significant up-front revenues for you.

Is that not something you are looking at, or do you prefer your current, slightly more under the radar go to market?

I wish I could have gotten into Drox more. Just didn’t work for me at all. I love Din’s though so I’m all in for this one.