Free to the first taker: unused game keys!

These are extras that I picked up through Humble Bundles.

I’m not sure how many I have. (At least two.) But I’ll spread them out a bit to give folks a better chance. :)

The first is Broken World for PC (and, I think, Mac).

You can claim the key at:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=rafu6a3kFyRVmtqS

Enjoy!

Peter

Gone.

That was fast.

I’ll put up one for Satellite Reign later today.

Peter

MLB 13 The Show (baseball) for the Playstation Vita.

833B-EDN6-9GLK

sorry to be “that guy” but there is an established thread for this kind of thing:

Also sorry to be “that guy”, but please don’t just post your keys. If you’d like to give keys away – which is awesome – I’d appreciate it if you gave them away to forum regulars rather than just throwing them to the wind. Furthermore, when you simply post a key, no one knows if it’s taken or not. If you want to do it that way, there’s always Twitter or Facebook. :)

-Tom

I went ahead and activated that MLB: The Show key just now - thankfully, it was still available!

The discussion about posting keys in-thread versus sending them in PMs has gone on for aaaaaaages in the dedicated thread for this stuff, and we still have people who insist on posting keys in the open there. It’s always a little frustrating.

If you give out keys in response to a PM, nobody knows if it’s taken or not.

The person giving away the key usually posts an update saying it has been taken so people know the status. Not posting the key publicly also saves many people the hassle of attempting to redeem an already used key.

[quote=“WarpRattler, post:6, topic:120069, full:true”]The discussion about posting keys in-thread versus sending them in PMs has gone on for aaaaaaages in the dedicated thread for this stuff, and we still have people who insist on posting keys in the open there. It’s always a little frustrating.
[/quote]

If that happens, feel free to flag the posts. I’d really rather people didn’t just throw out keys publicly while others are taking pains to ensure the keys go to community members. It’s lazy and, in my opinion, rude.

-Tom

I love it, insulted for giving stuff away.

Well, its a nice gesture, it just that it becomes a bit of a problem with all the bots/others camping some of the threads to snag keys without notice/“community involvement” just so they can take them for themselves or most likely resell (on G2A? :) ).

You’re basically throwing something on the ground and leaving people to scramble for it. So, no, not insulted for giving stuff away. Insulted for being lazy, thoughtless, and inconsiderate. If you want to do that, there’s plenty of social media where you’d fit right in!

-Tom

Couldn’t this thread (or I guess the Giveaway Thread) have restricted access to actual forum registered users? It would at least cut down on the worst drive-by grabbers.

Excellent idea, rob! Once the forum stuff gets stabilized, I can look into that sort of thing.

And for folks butthurt at being called lazy, thoughtless, and inconsiderate – I saw the post before it was deleted – those things don’t preclude also being generous. If you want to give things away, that’s cool and we all appreciate it. But please don’t just throw it on the ground and walk away.

EDIT: Sorry, butthurt was a bit too mean. What I should have said is that your generosity is appreciated, but it feels sloppy when you don’t take a some relatively easy measures to make sure you giveaway games find good homes. I give away a lot of stuff, too, and I find it’s always better to make sure you’re giving it to someone who wants it that to just discard it into a public space. If you would rather do that because it’s easy, I completely understand, but please don’t do it here. And my apologies for insulting you.

-Tom

We are adults and should grow to be able to take criticisms. There is no problem recognizing that we are in fact lazy and modify our behaviour accordingly. Unless of course we dont want to acknowledge that we’re lazy. And continue being so for the rest of our lives.

What’s the difficulty in saying “Anyone wants a key? PM me.”? And then responding to the first PM?
And coming back to say it’s taken.

Laziness. Tom called it right. Man up and become a better person.