Hardcore Henry - First Person Shooter: The Movie

This is the final result of the IndieGoGo campaign that was inspired by the “Bad Motherfucker” music video.

Strap in. HARDCORE HENRY is one of the most unflinchingly original wild-rides to hit the big screen in a long time: You remember nothing. Mainly because you’ve just been brought back from the dead by your wife (Haley Bennett). She tells you that your name is Henry. Five minutes later, you are being shot at, your wife has been kidnapped, and you should probably go get her back. Good luck, Henry. You’re likely going to need it…

Sharlto Copely, Tim Roth, Haley Bennett, and Danila Kozlovsky. Directed by Ilya Naishuller.

Hits theaters on April 8th, 2016.

That looks freaking cool.

Well, that looks amazing. I wonder if the FPS schtick will wear out its welcome.

Either way it will probably have a better story than any of the recent COD’s.

That looks, indeed, amazing. Can’t wait to see how well it works for more than a few moments.

It does look like a lot of fun. But the trailer makes me feel like I’ve watched the whole movie. I guess there aren’t a lot of unseen twists though.

Reminds me of a couple of things I’ve seen in the past on Youtube, like this one Eastern European one (I think? Can’t find it now) where a guy fights his way out of the office (which was also awesome), but it’s the first one pushed this far, unless you want to count Cloverfield or the Blair Witch, and other ‘found footage’ films.

Heh, the movie theaters better get out their “Warning: this movie make make you motion sick” signs.

It looks cool … but it also looks like something I would much rather play than watch.

That’s the Bad Motherfucker video. It’s the same director. The IndieGoGo page has the original short.

Awesome! So nice to see this kind of story. Usually the innovators get leapfrogged by the money. Hope it all works out.

Previous thread, previous title: http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?77702-Hardcore-Sharlto-Copley-fps-movie

Presumably the target audience for this is people who watch twitch.tv all day.

I can’t imagine they won’t want this in some VR form as well as it being right around the corner.

I dont think I have ever watched twitch and yet this is my most anticipated movie right now. Bad Motherfucker is an amazing video and the director is clearly awesome and talented. Day 1. I love Cranks and Running Scareds.

A film like that in VR would make you vomit non-stop for a week. Your body really does not like fast, abrupt locomotion in VR, especially when not initiated by the player.

(Though interestingly it’s perfectly cool with teleportation. Which is why Bullet Train, the first marjor-dev attempt at a VR FPS, uses teleportation for locomotion.)

Saw the trailer for this before Deadpool. This could be pretty neat.

We also saw the trailer before Deadpool. My girlfriend won’t be joining me to see it because it made her a bit motion sick. Sigh.

I’ll wait for the Dragon’s Lair type of game adaptation.

So is this going to be in general release in theater, of some web only dodad?

Theatrical release in the US April 8.

Likewise - I couldn’t figure out for a time whether it was a trailer for a game or a movie. The FMV and barely put together storyline made me think “deluxe” 1990’s arcade game that cost $4 to play and had one button to interact with, but … no, it’s a movie. And I suddenly realized that deluxe 1990’s arcade games with one button were really just better off as movies than the games they pretended to be.

Watched the trailer - I think it will be fine for most but for many of us it will be “Motion-sickness - the Movie”.