Miami f*cking vice!

Teaser site and teaser trailer for Michael Mann’s MIAMI VICE movie is up…

(Sorry about the Bacardi nonsense.)

meh

Maybe it’s time for the comeback of 80s style and attitude in film.

Hmm…of course, the trailer makes it look good. Hopefully, this is one of those movies that will actually pay decent homage to the original. The cast certainly looks like it’s up to the task.

Oh god.

It did?

Indeed, meh.

Also, thanks for making me jump through 20 freakin hoops in order to watch the trailer. Whoever thought that one up, way to go.

Buy Scale

It did?[/quote]

Yes, it did. Of course, I’m not a “hater”, so YMMV.

Nor am I, but by my math:

HEAT = AWESOME
MANHUNTER = AWESOME
THE KEEP = AWESOME
COLLATERAL = OK
MIAMI VICE = LAME

:)

Yeah, I gotta get around to seeing that one of these days. :)

Last of the Mohicans?

1. Last of the Mohicans is totally Mann’s best movie.

2. This trailer was absolute shit. Like 3 lines of dialogue, some incredibly amatuerish sound editting(maybe it was my computer, but the song they played behind the montage was hacked up), and… nothing about the actual plot. Also, do we really need a Miami Vice movie after two Bad Boys movies?

Oh yeah, fuck Bacardi.

All I know is I watched the hell out of some Miami Vice back in the day. High School b’ball game on Friday night and then home to watch my MV recording on the VCR. If they can make a movie about the Duke boys, why the hell not?

We don’t need this.

We don’t need this.

I won’t do a stupid “fixed” quote:

HEAT = AWESOME IF THEY HADN’T SHOT ALL THE EDITORS AND MAYBE TRIMMED 45 MINUTESS OF UNNECESSARY BULLSHIT OFF OH I’M DYING TO KNOW THE BLACK GUY’S MOTIVATIONS AND THE RANDOM HENCHMEN’S SERIAL KILLER PROCLIVITIES

MANHUNTER = AWESOME

“So, what do you think, Graham?”

“I think somebody should blow the sick fuck out of his socks.” And then, later on, he did.

THE KEEP = AWESOME AND TOTALLY UNDERRATED

COLLATERAL = OK

Busting asses on chairs notwithstanding, boy did that film go stupid at the end. Easy on the dumb plot twists, Mann.

MIAMI VICE = LAME

Not really, it’s just severely dated. Dude, you couldn’t buy a decent TV show around then. Cops were grimy hobos or…well, that was it, since everyone else was a “private detective,” or a “vigilante” who miraculously worked for free. The gestalt was that crime was rampant and cops were underpaid, worn-down slobs who were too drained to do much of anything. How many shows had the phrase “outside the law” or equivalent in their title segment?

Then up roll some smooth dudes in phat rides, doing cool stuff like live on boats and machine gun drug dealers in the face with an Uzi and bust hookers the next day while driving the dealer’s Maserati. Their boss, while being a mostly-cliche stonefaced bummer, nevr told them they were “off the case.” No, they were always on the case. They could’ve blown up Fort Lauderdale and they’d still be on the case. The only time you see that anymore is after the Chief tells Mahoney he doesn’t exist and if anyone catches him, he’s on his own and the entire planet will disavow being involved with him. And, usually, Samuel Jackson is playing either the Chief or Mahoney, or both (cf. SWAT).

Put this way: no show back then had an opening segment where Columbian coke traffickers, upon being flagged down by unknowing cops for expired plates, open the back doors of their van and unload an M-60 into their faces. EEEYATATATAATATATTATATA BOOM BOOMBOOM BOOM BOOM and boobies bouncing to the fucking opening score, for God’s sakes.

Nor am I, but by my math:

HEAT = AWESOME
MANHUNTER = AWESOME
THE KEEP = AWESOME
COLLATERAL = OK
MIAMI VICE = LAME[/quote]
It’s been a while since I took math, but how does a list of movies that have been almost always “awesome” and at worst “okay” = that director’s next movie being “lame”?

What the hell are they going to re-make next? The Golden Girls?

For the record, I think Collateral should be in the AWESOME catergory.