2017 Frame Game

Yes, that! I never actually played it, as it looked insufferably whimsical.

Thought I now realise that the screenshot above says Otagaon and not Octagon, which means my geometry themed guess is off the grid.

Such a perfect summary. I never thought I’d miss those silly ♥ buttons, but I do right now.

Ah but instead you typed out a reply, which means more to me than a simple like! (It doesn’t really)

Time to keep this moving. If you played this game for more than thirty minutes, this should basically be a dead giveaway.

Problem is, I’m not sure if that includes anyone keeping tabs on this thread.

Duels of the Planeswalkers?

This is a digital board game, and it’s obviously Japanese (who would use the word “Encount” in their right mind), but without the budget of a Culdcept or such, or it’d be some animated art.
No idea what it is!

That phrase “How delightful” seems like something I encountered recently.

Hand of Fate?

Since I said it in chat, the main hint there isn’t the words but rather the font. Super recognizable to me, but clearly not to others.

No correct guesses yet. Going to let this one sit until tomorrow since there’s honestly quite a bit in the new part and there really isn’t anything non-blatant left to reveal. Someone’s on the right track already.

Board game simulator?

Nope. Next!

So there is animated art! Some sort of modern Dokapon?
But typing chat implies it is PC… I still have no idea. I want to know.

THAT’S CLEARLY A BOARD GAME BEING SIMULATED. THEREFORE I WIN!

But incase I don’t, I’ll guess Martio Party 8?

Sadly, there’s no physical version so there’s no need to simulate it. This is the real deal, accept no substitutes.

Also not Mario Party of any kind.

Okay, double reveal. What about now?

That looks like the art from 100% Orange Juice​ which I know nothing about except the art resembles that.

Thankfully, that’s all you need to know. It is indeed 100% Orange Juice, a digital board game that pools all of the various franchises developed/published by the Japanese indie company Orange Juice under a single roof. The game plays mechanically like a simple board game with die rolls and differently colored spaces prompting different actions (such as card drawing, collecting the game’s currency or encountering monsters), and was originally made to basically be fan service for the Japanese fans of the company. It ended up coming to Steam in English, where it’s a quirky little RNG-fest of a game that plays quickly enough to actually be fun with friends or an occasional distraction.

The screenshot depicted features me using a special ability to roll two dice in battle instead of one for my entire turn, while I wiped all three of my opponents in that one turn which let me win the game two turns later. To add insult to injury, the roll of 12 plus my attack modifier of 1 was a mathematically guaranteed kill no matter what the opponent rolled.

You’re up, @arrendek.

Dang, I have played it just a little bit, but it didn’t stick into my mind at all. I actually don’t remember it looking like that at all!

Well damn. I’ll try to have something up later today, but I’m going to a wedding this weekend so hopefully it goes fast.

Someone will get it!

One of those Room Escape flash games.