2017 Frame Game

Like I’ve been saying in the Breath of the Wild thread, Nintendo knew how to make the best video game music in the business.

I never liked the sound of the Super Nintendo. It sounded muffled, depressing to me.

Anyways, another frame that will go without guesses!

It’s got some very mahjong stuff going on. No idea what the title could be. Maybe something dumb like Windows Mahjong?

Ooh, actual real Mahjong rather than some tile matching game that uses the same tiles. Awesome. Sadly I’ve never found such a game so I’ve no idea what it might be called.

It is one of those very longstanding independant games: first released in 1996, and still updated with bug fixes this year.

Lost frame 3, so this is going to be qiucker!

Hong Kong Mahjong?

Nope!
An important part of the game is it being 4 players.

Star Wars Monopoly?

Kidding. But I’m not sure there’s a lot of hardcore Mahjong players around here. C’mon, some one.

Rinshan Kaihou: Riichi Edition

It isn’t Japanese or Chinese.

Mahjong Legend: Episode of Side-A: The Game

Mahjong: The Four Players (with Bird Avatar DLC)?

I couldn’t take it. Call me a horrible person or a cheater, if you must. But it’s Four Winds Mah Jong.

That took me WAY longer to find via google than I ever would’ve guessed. If you want to do another game, @Left_Empty, feel free. I just…couldn’t… deal.

Sorry, everyone. But I was in pain. And I’m terrible.

It is indeed Foud Winds Mahjong :O

It is a rare program that tries to cover a lot of variants of Mahjong. The AI is pretty apt at dealing with the very varied rules, and there is no constant hand holding, which makes it nice if your goal is to learn how to play at a real table.

@Left_Empty So are you posting a new game or do you want me to go? Seeing as I totally cheated, I’ll leave it to you to decide.

FWIW, I did look into that game and am actually considering getting it at some point. Mahjong has always intrigued me. I’ve been playing the dumb tile-matching game based on its tiles for years in various incarnations and have always been a bit curious about the real thing.

Sounds like a loss for @Left_Empty, which means he should technically take another try.

Hell no! Looking up isn’t more cheating than straight reading the name on the cover like I did on the cover game.

I am unsure if that game is the best introduction to Mahjong (I wonder if there really is any good introduction). The nice thing about Four winds is it allows you to play with simpler rules (like popular variants where the goal is simply to try to make a few figures, without any intricate scoring or discard mechanics), before tackling on the more strategic stuff, but there are probably better way to get into it.

Guess I’m up then. Alright.

God of War?

Nope.