2017 Frame Game

Ding ding ding! I gave away too much in that last frame, didn’t I?

It was the fountain area. My cousin and I played the crap out of that game, so that level is etched into my mind. That, and the distinct low poly count of a PS 1 game ;)

Huh. . . that feels a little like Gradius, so I’ll toss that out.

Ok, ok. I see where you’d think that.

It’s not Gradius.

Another Metroid game? Not Super Metroid though… :)

Would I so quickly go back to that well?

It is definitely not Super Metroid. I checked, no repeat.

Knowing you, it is a distinct possibility. But I’m ready to be proven wrong. ;)

Well, ok, I do like to be tricky. But I generally wait at least 6 months, if not a year, before doing the same series.

That looks FMV so I’ll say Rebel Assault

Wing Commander?

Good guesses.

But no to both.

This look ugly like Star Fox, so knowing the talk around the overpriced nintendo toys and their approximative selection of games, Star Fox 2?

I’ll toss out Starfox 64, as I’m not sure the SNES could quite pull that off, but I’m also not completely positive SF64 exists and I’m currently too lazy to open a new tab and check :)

I only picked games I have played. Star Fox 2 has never been officially released (yet), therefore it is not that game.

But Star Fox 1 vs 2 in terms of looks are near identical, so you get the nod ;)

Did you folks know that over here in Europe it was called Starwing?

I have no fucking idea.

Yup. But I didn’t understand then and still don’t understand the appeal of that game, whatever its name.
The screen capture from Craig was nice though, featuring Jeff’s new forum avatar!

Something incredibly obscure now, and no youtube compression artefacts, only the purest of jpeg’s.

I was only yesterday saying how much I loved Starwing as a kid. The Corneria theme was so cool.