2018 Frame Game

Not the same level, I’d say ;)

Neuromancer?

Nope, but so close a guess I am quite sure you’ll get it next try.

I will guess Manhunter: New York, though I think the graphics are too intricate for that series…

Woah, such a cool guess! I never played either Manhunter games, but I remember articles and screenshots in one of my magazines that were really creeping me out at the time, especially with that peculiar EGA palette (I seem to remember it was even creepier in CGA).
But that is not it.

Loved that game!

Total Recall?

There was a Buck Rogers game using the gold-box engine, wasn’t there?

Maybe it’s that?

A couple, even, if memory serves right. I played one of them on the Megadrive, it might have been the only gold-box console port?

Anyway:

Amnesia?

Edit: Haha, never mind, I guess that was a text-only affair.

Damn I guess that yellow line of text got people to wander off!

It was Circuit’s Edge. Infocom but not Infocom, or something. A game where you could recall meaningful conversations, instead of having to write everything down! @Pod was super close with Neuromancer.
Very cool atmosphere too, it feels like the Quarantine town before people got cars and went openly berzerk.

Next:

I’ve played Neuromancer but never heard of Circuit’s Edge! So no wonder I didn’t get it :)

Home Alone 2: The Game?

I’ve wanted to play Circuit’s Edge for years ever since reading about it on Home of the Underdogs back in the day, but never got around to it. Knew I’d seen those stat bars somewhere before, but couldn’t place them.

As for the current game, no ideas yet.

Edit: Random guess: Sam & Max?

Final Fight?

Ooh you might be on to something there. That guy vaguely reminds me of an enemy from a beat 'em up. Not sure if it was Final Fight or something else.

(teeheehee)

As for Circuit’s Edge, it’s a very basic game (basically a perpetuating fetch quest, driven by keywords guessing, hence the reason the “recall” thing is so welcome), but it has got a nice atmosphere going for it, particularly the MT-32 synthetic, err… we call them “nappes” here, I don’t know the English equivalence. It’s those new-agey, lengthy waves of synth sounds.

I know it’s not, but something about it reminds me of Smash TV.