2018 Frame Game

Wipeout?

Not Wipeout.

@rhamorim you are one person I am certain has this game. I hope the reason it’s familiar is you played it. It’s not an obscure title, so it should be familiar to those that didn’t play it either.

I might have to give another reveal soon, and quit playing around and get a little more obvious. For the record this is one of my personal favorites, and would be top 25 and maybe borderline top 10.

Remind me, what’s your 11th favourite game again? Is it Agents of Mayhem?

Ha, haven’t played it in fact, but nice try.

I’ll tell you my favorite since it is absolutely zero help here. Europa Universalis 4

Surely this does it

My brain hurts. I know that and I can’t say where I’ve seen it. It’s on the verge of causing me actual physical pain. Aaaaaaaargh.

It’s killing me too since I know you know it. In fact you, and @Left_Empty are my prime suspects for getting it.

Metroid Prime…uh… Trilogy? It’s the only thing that makes sense to me, being that it’s widescreen. And I don’t THINK that UI bit is in 3.

Yeah, that was my first thought, but I don’t remember the UI being quite like that. The “curviness” of it definitely is similar though.

I didn’t play Trilogy, but this reminds me of the intro to Prime 1… I think? Blargh, still not sure.

Ok point of order, and no commentary of correctness, but Metroid Prime Trilogy is a pick 1,2, or 3 since… it’s really just a compilation disk for Wii. I don’t consider it a separate game itself.

Much like I wouldn’t consider Wind Walker for WiiU or Ocarina for GameCube distinct from their original.

But doesn’t trilogy completely redo the controls to use the Wii remote? Doesn’t that inherently change it to a new experience?

System Shock 2?

The curved interface makes it way too recent for something I’d play from Japan!

I’m still confused, but I still think It’s a Metroid Prime game. According to the cheat codes page, @CraigM already did Metroid Prime 1, so I guess I’m changing my above guess to Prime 2. I haven’t actually played 3, so maybe you get those HUD elements back later, but I don’t think those were in 3. So yeah, my guess has to go with 2.

There it is. Metroid Prime 2

This may or may not be Trilogy (my disc is 2200 miles away, so not my screenshot), but it is certainly Echoes.

This is from the traditional ‘beat the boss and escape’ ending. Which probably confused things with the timer, but I picked because this is a really cool shot of an exciting end scene.

The textures look surprisingly good for such an old Japanese game. Never would have figured it was from 15 years ago!

Well now I’m really confused, because I’ve never played a Metroid game but those symbols on the gun still look crazy familiar.

the bottom one looks like about any free-to-use wireless or speaker icon, I really thought there was chat going on, in some Starwars Rep Commando way. Evil red herring! Craig is evil!

The original Metroid Prime blew my mind when I saw it, and was the reason I bought a GameCube.

Which is why it’s a shame more people haven’t played it. Speaking of, did you ever finish it @rhamorim?