2018 Frame Game

I only played a bit of the first one back in the day (the crazy time when we were young and drunk and friends would come over invading your home with all their hardwares, aaah!). Can they be played nowadays, or do you need to get the gamecube?
The wikipedia mentions a Wii version that “has improved controls that use the Wii Remote’s pointing functionality.”, which doesn’t sound like an improvement at all.

Sure, but I mean the node and line symbols on the gun itself. Granted there’s a faint resemblance to a USB symbol or the like but I feel certain I’ve seen that before in a gaming context.

So Prime 3 had Wii controls. Prime 1&2 were GameCube. Now you can play them on a Wii using the GC controllers, and set controls for that style in Trilogy. But the backwards compatability to the Wii is great, and one reason I’m never getting rid of mine. Still play this, or Zelda games on it. Ocarina and Majora’s Mask rereleases on GameCube, plus Twilight Princess.

Nintendo games age better than most.

Oh that’s a cool tip. I wasn’t aware it was possible.
Maybe I’ll go scavenge hunting for all this in the future!

Just wanted to point out that Gamecube compatibility was removed from later versions of the Wii. The smaller ones. Basically, if it has Gamecube controller ports (under a panel), they’ll work. Though it wouldn’t surprise me if you could hack the smaller models to restore GC functionality. You’d probably have to use Wii Classic Controllers or something IF that hack exists, due to the lack of GC controller ports.

Also, I am pretty sure that shot was indeed from Trilogy due to it being a widescreen screenshot (and not appearing to be stretched). Will post a new screen shortly.

Not yet, no. I was playing, got kind of lost in the map somewhere and got distracted by shiny things. But I’ll come back to it eventually, I’m sure. ;)

Ha, I am the king of getting 90% of the way through a game, not wanting to finish yet so go back and sidequest, then get distracted and never actually finish.

I think every Final Fantasy I’ve gotten to within an hour of the ending them just… put it down for 6 months to a year then have to debate starting over or finishing.

So I get it ;)

My bad, should’ve had another screen up by now.

Broken Sword?

The Telltale Monkey Island games?

You guys are definitely on the right track. Or if we’re using the racing metaphor, perhaps you’re more on the right strip.

Solstice? The lack of UI is distressing.

Not Solstice. Also I might’ve edited in a small hint up there while you were guessing that

Ha ha! It’s Moebius (sp?). The new Jane Jensen joint, right?

Ha! Too late for me. Summer is gone!

It’s obviously Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Hah, @nijimeijer got it. Moebius: Empire Rising. AKA Jane Jensen’s Moebius.

@nijimeijer Poke. :D

Yup. Will get to it soon.