2018 Frame Game

My thoughts exactly!

You don’t know what it is either? Were you using us as a “what is this game?” thread? :)

Haha, that was poorly phrased indeed. I want to play it too.

That was Drums of War, whose semi sequel Warbanners is available on Steam. The first one made you play the orcs, which was interesting in more than one way.

frame%201

The city view from an early Civilization? Civ 1 I’ll go with, I’m not entirely sure when they stopped having that separate screen where you could see your improvements all laid out.

Some early railroad tycoon game?

I won’t comment!

frame%202

Quest for Glory 2: The desert one?

Cold, so cold.

frame%203

Is that Machiavelli (or Merchant Prince–same game)?

Ah, I think I recognize those mountains and that tower. It is Machiavelli: The Prince (or was it released as Merchant Prince over there?).

Bingo!

20%20PM

Charming game.

I let you two sort it out, since you posted simultaneously :D

I might have started my reply before @Nightgaunt, but I did not cross the finish line first. Take it @Nightgaunt!

Merchant Prince would be a great candidate for the Classic Videogame bookclub if that is ever revived.

I wished that club was still around.

Oo, just barely snagged it! How Machiavellian of me!

I agree, Machiavelli was a fine and overlooked strategy game.

I’ll have a screen posted this evening. @Jorn_Weines, since we practically both got it right, if you have the capacity to post a screen before then, I’ll cede this one to you!

Nope, go ahead!

New screen!

Is that the game with the singing bard that Tom snobbed on stream the other day?
One hour later edit: Wandersong!

Proteus

Shelter 2?

Not Proteus, not Shelter 2!

Oh! I saw the first post, but not the edit. It IS Wandersong! I gave a pretty big opening hint because I thought it might be a touch obscure. I didn’t know Tom had played it. Hey, @tomchick, I don’t know what you thought of it, but if it didn’t grab you early, it still might be worth finishing. I wish the gameplay were tighter in a lot of places (although I appreciate the expressiveness of the singing mechanics, which might be partly a trade-off), but what really ended up working for me was where some of the relationships go and some of the big epic swings in the story. That’s assuming you can appreciate the profound earnestness of the dialogue, which I did.

Anyway, Wandersong! I just finished last night.