2019 Cricket World Cup

Nice. I like the ball-by-ball description on Cricbuzz. I was using the official site. The nice thing about the official site is that they put up little video clips after some key events like when someone is out.

I’m watching on Kayo and its awesome you can skip to any highlight in the stream on the progress bar :0

Uh oh. The Captain is out. 6 wickets. These last three overs are really important for both teams.

Eventful over from Woakes, that one.

2 W wd 1 4 W 2

8 out. Woakes takes another wicket. 342/8 currently. 9 balls to go.

Good total from PAK.

348-8 to finish. They were on course for maybe 40 more than that before the late wickets; England definitely have a good shot (for all that it would be a record chase for a world cup match).

I think 348 will be hard. I don’t say they can’t do it, but it will be something special if they do. I agree, though, that they did well to stop the bleeding.

Google’s live score now gives the edge to England, 52% probability of a win for them. It was going back and forth a lot in those last few overs.

I will bet 400 quatloos on Pakistan.

Those odds say a lot about England’s batting lineup, considering no team in the history of the world cup has chased down a total as high as this. I think Pakistan have got this one, very daunting target.

Three weeks ago, England chased down Pakistan’s total of 358-9 with 31 balls to spare. Obviously conditions are different as is the importance of the match, but I don’t think England will feel particularly daunted right now.

Early overs, but I think it’s getting harder, not easier, to catch Pakistan.

Yeah, the run rate is fine but England need to get a big partnership rather than losing a gradual trickle of wickets.

It’s definitely a nail-biter!

Basically down to Jos Buttler from here. Not sure England’s long batting lineup could dig them out of it if he goes.

Century for Buttler. Can he get England over the line?

No he can’t.

Buttler is out! Wow, the odds really jumped up for Pakistan.

Ali and Woakes are settled and doing well. They could take this partnership to a win. 38 needed in 18 balls. Not a big ask.