2020 Frame Game - Come Join the Fun This Year!

Why is 💩 hiding in that tree?

Ittle Dew 2

Good guesses, nothing yet…

Looks like The Binding of Isaac, but I’ve never seen this while playing it…

Nope, not Binding of Isaac.

(BTW, just in case anyone is creeped out seeing their Steam username in there: the game randomly mixed in usernames from my friends list to generate that part of the screen. I didn’t even notice until I came to edit the screenshot!)

Last frame before the full reveal:

The player character is still obscured. Or should I say, a player character. Because you play more than 5 characters over the course of the game. But fewer than 7.

The Hex?

I haven’t played it yet, but I recognize that textbox font :)

The Hex it is!

The Twitch-style comment stream is a part of this section of the game, for reasons that become clear later on. Really enjoyed the game overall, I’d recommend going in as knowing as little as possible. RPS posted a nice review:

Daniel Mullins and his team are such interesting creators, and while The Hex doesn’t quite reach Pony Island’s feeling of a near-perfect package, it’s a far bigger, more complicated, and astoundingly ambitious game. How they managed to pull these many ideas together in just a couple of years bemuses me. It’ll take about six or seven hours from start to finish, but goodness me, it feels like so much more when you’ve done so much by the end. And what a joy to chat to others who’ve finished it and not only swap ideas about what it might have been about, but also to say, “AND WHAT ABOUT WHEN…!”

The comment stream had me really confused at first.
I was thinking it was one of those multiplayer deception games like Town of Salem.

Heroes of Might and Magic

Nope, it’s not HoMM1. That would be too easy!

Dragon’s Breath

Hadn’t heard of The Hex at all. When you said that comment feed was faked, I was just baffled. I liked Pony Island pretty well. Maybe I’ll give this a try.

Lords of the Realm 2

I’ll make it a little easier for you guys. Here, have a mustache.

Mega Lo Mania?

Populous 2

And here I was hoping you were streaming!

The moustache is familiar, and Mega Lo Mania is a great guess.
I’ll go Svae Rike, being wary of Gigglemoo’s obscure tastes.

Nope, but I like those guesses.

I think someone’ll get it this time. Not too obscure. hint removed