2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

God of War: Chains of Olympus

Itā€™s wonderful, and itā€™s still available, but unfortunately itā€™s still stuck on Shrapnel. Iā€™d argue itā€™s worth it anyway, but I really wish it could manage to escape like Approaching Infinity did.

As to the frame, maybe Age of Empires 3?

Ah that was why! Stupid limited downloads and such.

Word, man!

At least the download itself is DRM-free, so itā€™s just a matter of backing up your copy somewhere. Itā€™s just a very old-school way of running an online store and also unfortunately sharply limits the audience for a brilliant little game. Way more people should play Bronze, I suspect lots of folks around here would enjoy it.

Oh that is very good to know. Iā€™ll most likely grab it next time I get the yearly 5 bucks coupon off :O

Still no closer to guessing the game. Itā€™s neither Age of Empires III nor God of War: Chains of Olympus, though one of those guesses might help narrow down the thematic setting. So, next frame reveal it is.

Uncharted Golden Abyss?

Titan Quest

Prince of Persia Two Thrones?

Spartan: Total War

Certainly getting warmer in here. Alas, it was neither Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Titan Quest, Prince of Persia: Two Thrones or Spartan: Total Warrior. Time for another update whilst I have time.

Kenshi?

Star Wars: Battlefront?

Some interesting guesses there but still no luck. Letā€™s see if the next reveal gives away the game, as the UI reveals start coming.

Sacred Gold?

Heading in the right direction but it isnā€™t Sacred Gold. Itā€™s within the general vicinity for release year though.

Oh my God, itā€™s Guild Wars, isnā€™t it?

EDIT: yeah, definitely is. I never played much warrior so I didnā€™t quite get the skills, but I knew that shrine, and itā€™s the shrine where you can resurrect if you die. Wow, I havenā€™t played Guild Wars 1 in AGES.

EDIT 2: not sure if thatā€™s one of the areas in Elona, or if itā€™s in Ascalon. Wow, so much nostalgia right now.

Ā¬_Ā¬ā€¦

Nailed it finally! Would have also accepted Guild Wars: Nightfall if people wanted to be really pedantic, haha. Took this screenshot in the Jahai Bluffs map within the region of Kourna on my Paragon\Warrior.

Havenā€™t you heard that Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is getting an African-themed expansion? :p

Thatā€™s why itā€™s so maddeningly familiar. One of my all time favorites, Iā€™m embarrassed to have missed that.