2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Colors make it look like something from the Wing Commander era of games. My knowledge of games from that time is not extensive.

Wing Commander?

It is not Wing Commander, but you’re correct that the color depth and art definitely fit that era of games. Is it a game from then, or is it a throwback game like previous guesses seem to think? It shall remain a mystery for the time being.

Timequest?

At the very least, I’m pretty sure that’s a Legend game.

@nijimeijer Timequest, indeed! I was even considering that if, after a while of no one getting it, if some one guessed one of their other games (Gateway, etc.) I’d accept that. But no, you’ve got it!

Probably should’ve gone a bit further into the game than the first screen to get the shot, but I was feeling lazy. This is literally the first bit of gameplay.

This one, at least, is on GOG. Wish all their games were.

Eric the Unready and Superhero League of Hoboken remain gaming high points. I’m traveling this weekend, but I’ve got an iPad so perhaps I can whip something up. I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

Is Timequest good? I loved their Homeworld games.

Okay I have no idea if this will work; trying to do this on my iPad.

Dungeon Beneath?

Along the game box thread, this is probably homage art as well.

Not Dungeon Beneath. Next frame.

Earthworm Jim?

Curse of Monkey Island?

Worms something something

It is Curse of Monkey Island! A lot of people think less of this game compared to the first two, and surprisingly a lot of people dislike the move to full cartoon. I’m the opposite; I adore this one as much as the first ones, and I think the art style is fantastic and adds a lot. And the addition of voice acting - particularly Guybrush, LeChuck, and Murray - add a lot. The singing section in the middle is always a highlight for me, but I love most of this one.

I’m with you, nijimeijer! This is the best Monkey Island game, and still one of the best-looking and -sounding games ever made (although it would be nice if were higher res sometimes). Insult swordfighting was always genius, but in Curse it’s double-genius because everything is written to rhyme. And the swallowed-by-a-snake scene is one of the most quintessential Curse of Monkey Island scenes. Classic!

New screen!

Monkey Island IV ;D

Raft?

Escape from Monkey Island?!? Ew. I wouldn’t do that to anyone.

Neither of those!