2022 also has plenty of WTF?!?!? moments.

Oh IMO a hammer is most definitely a lethal weapon. You do have to get close but a whack on the skull with a hammer has a pretty high lethality. Damage to the brain, intra-cranial bleeding, skull fracture, all can kill you. The humble hammer is actually quite deadly.

It is, but if you have a sword, you have the lethality advantage and someone could make a case against you using it, depending on where you live. So you might try to deescalate.

Against a gun? Not so much.

For me a hammer is a 70-80% lethal situation, especially if youā€™re armed with an actual (as in saw a battlefield) weapon.

Edit: Basically a hammer is very dangerous if youā€™re unarmed or very lightly armed (say with a small knife) against it. A tool hammer against an actual, real weapon is slightly dangerous, but your reach and lethality advantage is massive outside of the encounter taking place in closet.

Actually the sword probably wins in a closet with draw cuts most of the time tbh.

Humble Hammer Death Machine is my new band name.

Be careful with this because Iā€™m not entirely sure what this conversation is, but lethality outside of guns is mostly about the will and ability to try to kill someone rather than the tool. A 120 pound woman with XYZ weapons that isnā€™t a gun is probably going to lose against a 160 pound man who is violent and ready to murder, even if he only has his hands. Roughly 1/3 of murders are done outside of guns, but around seven times as many men murder as women overall. Itā€™s not a video game where everybody does the same damage until their HP meter hits zero, if someone wants to kill you and you arenā€™t aware or behind the curve, they are probably going to kill you.

Absolutely. A hammer is indeed a deadly weapon.

Which is why I was always suspicious of Trini Lopez.

Or Thor.

Thor singing Trini Lopez?

Well, with Thor, you know exactly what he has the hammer for and likely what heā€™s going to be hammering on all day. This Trini guy, I mean, what was he up to? Iā€™m just saying itā€™s kind of suspicious.

Some dude named Maxwell just showed up. Heā€™s got a silver hammer. Should I be worried?

Does he have this guy with him?

John Henry says you canā€™t touch that!

Or Janā€¦

https://youtu.be/6nPTZqnIfFM

Yā€™all a bunch of civilians.

Oh hell yes!

WTFKFC?

Iā€™m sorry, I know itā€™s not funny, but I canā€™t stop laughing. This is something straight out of a Ricky Gervais show.

Commemorating a Nazi pogrom with cheesy chicken.

The message, heavily criticised for its insensitivity, was later blamed on ā€œan error in our systemā€.

The fast food chain sent an app alert on Wednesday, saying: ā€œItā€™s memorial day for Kristallnacht! Treat yourself with more tender cheese on your crispy chicken. Now at KFCheese!ā€

Hahahaha WTF

I can totally see how this happened. Some junior developer was tasked by marketing to write a mechanism to post promotions on holidays and other calendar observances. Probably just has a list of current promotions and a table of holidays and observances. They are international so someone was tasked with pulling a list of dates for each country. Nobody at any stage looked over the data.

This September 11th, treat yourself to 2 New York style pizzas for the price of 1!

The Cartesian product is not always a result you want.