2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Sega Rally from 1994?

*bites tongue*

Nope!

Oftentimes you’re the very one who comes out to fill in the blanks drawn in my memory, so the irony of this particular situation doesn’t escape me!

Edit: found it with a “sega arcade game drift” search, it’s Power Drift, ha!

It is! You were so close I was tempted to give it to you anyway, but knew you’d get there.

all

This is the arcade version, but I mainly knew it from a surprisingly great C64 port.

Now I’d doubt this, but after seeing the insane C64 version of Salamander, I tend to think anything’s possible on the darn computer.
I remember playing it in the arcade at the time, and being utterly confused and somewhat mentionsicked by it. I remember missing Outrun when I was done with my run.

Considering the C64’s limitations, it’s impressive how much content is being thrown around the screen (YouTube) and all in a single load. I remember Salamander too, especially those huge teeth-like things moving up and down!

Never came across Power Drift in the wild. Only time I ever played it was the Sega 3D Classics Collection on 3DS. It was…okay, I guess. Probably far better in the arcade with a wheel and pedals. Since it was a super-scaler game, the arcade game (and home ports) have fairly impressive fake 3D graphics using a lot of 2D billboards/sprites. When you go into the 3D mode on the 3DS, however, the illusion is somewhat broken. Every sprite has its own individual 3D depth and they don’t blend together as they would, visually, in 2D. It’s quite odd, really. Worth seeing, but perhaps not worth playing like that. Gives me a bit of motion sickness, actually.

The game wasn’t really good in the arcade either. It was a sensation stunt, but a far cry from the addictive gameplay of the earlier Sega classics.

Ultima 8?

Nope, far from it!

A cutscene from The Battle Cats?

Cat Quest

That’s Osaka Veterinarian II: Cat Hospital

I don’t have any other frame ready, I’m quite abashed this hasn’t been guessed, as it’s supposed to be a favourite of a couple of regulars of this thread. I’m gonna drop names soon.

There :P

Is that the Calico cat game people have been talking about?

I’m too lazy to google if I’m right or not.

I have no idea what that is so probably not :O