2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

I shall not make anyone proud. I’m a complete and utter failure. I can guess Breath of the Wild from a little piece of blurred skybox, but when my favorite game ever shows up I decide to guess Space Marine?

I might as well give up gaming for good now. I’m out of words to describe how big of a disappointment I am.

Alan Wake Remastered?

None of the above: RE7, The Last of Us, I Am Alive, Alan Wake Remastered.

Wolfenstein the New order?

Grand Theft Auto 5?

Quantum Break?

@nijimeijer has it: it’s Remedy’s red-headed stepchild, Quantum Break.

The weird discontinuities and glitches are a hallmark of its visuals, and the sky here being a “long exposure” thing it likes to do sometimes. The back of Generic Protagonist’s head probably wouldn’t have revealed much, but here we are.

The guess of Alan Wake made me sad I didn’t choose this screenshot instead:

I think the glitchiness is what made me think of it. To be honest, my first thought was Evil Within, but I think he always has a weapon or weapons on his back (and I think he’s always got his shoulder holster on), and I don’t the glitchiness in that game is as pronounced, or looks that way. Mostly, though, this was a lucky guess.

Anyhow, here’s my frame; I think this one should go quick, but I couldn’t help but post it.

Unpacking?

Good God, you got it in one!

I generally have three games I cycle between at a time - a “core” game (just finished Miles Morales), a more casual, chill game (this time it was Unpacking), and a co-op game to play with my wife (Overcooked All You Can Eat at the moment).

I really enjoyed Unpacking; it was exactly what I was looking for from a chill, relaxing title. Easily completed in a few lunch breaks over the course of a week, charming, but also really satisfying. It was surprisingly affecting as you pieced together the story - or at least your personal interpretation of the story.

You’re up @wavey!

A really nice game - I think I mentioned elsewhere that it did make me a bit wistful and sad, due to my eldest kid leaving home soon, but a beautiful little game nonetheless. My middle daughter, 13, has very little interest in games (save for Sims 4), but saw me playing it and then played through it herself, which she has never done before.

OK, next:

Sable

Good call, but more colourful than (the gorgeous) Sable:

Heaven’s vault?

Nope, next:

Did they make a game from Dr. Seuss’s Oh the Places You’ll Go!?

Psychonauts 2?

Psychonauts 2 it is! I loved how different each of the levels looked, for this one they added in some cel-shading.

@Rock8man the baton is passed to you.

Sweet. Also, I should play Psychonauts 2 this winter. That’s the plan anyway. I’ll take a screenshot of something tonight.

If someone wants to pitch hit before then, go ahead.

D’oh! I forgot all about this last night. @Scotch_Lufkin, can you take my turn? :)