2022 Game Frame Game - All Skill Levels Welcome!

Uridium 2

Space Taxis in Bullet Hell

Somebody save me from this loss!

I think someone posted this game in an early round, or something close to it? I remember seeing something similar somewhere, but Iā€™m not big on sidescroller bullet hell games, so I donā€™t know what that is.

That main ship looks kind of like a chicken.

So Iā€™ll guess Chicken Invaders.

I will confess that I think the game looked better on the first screenshot.

Heh, yeah, where the heck is this supposed to be? Thereā€™s planets there, I think, so youā€™d think itā€™s outer space, but it also kind of looks like waves of an ocean, instead of space.

The game looks interesting. It looks like a shmup but definitely not a Japanese one. Probably a Euro shmup.

The graphics looks to be from early 90s? I played all the shmups from the major consoles at that time Iā€™m guessing this game doesnā€™t match any of them. I bet itā€™s on the Amiga or some Eurocentric PC platform.

So if anyone knows the name of a hori shmup from 1991-1994 on the Amiga this is the game!

Alright, Iā€™ll accept my loss. You guys were very close and completely spot-on with your sleuthing! Especially with this nugget:

Anyway, in 1993, four Swedish teenagers made a game for the Amiga called Shenandoah: Daughter of the Stars. It was nearly finished when the project collapsed and the devs split up. Then in 2013, one of the original devs found some old Amigas and some demo floppies of the game in a box of moving stuff. He decided to redo the game in a modern engine while retaining everything else about it. The assets, the levels, and the limitations of the Amiga hardware (no more than 32 colors per screen and a limit on how many objects could be on-screen) are all intact.

He released it in 2016 and gave it a new name: 1993 Space Machine. Itā€™s a fine game, but the story about it is more interesting.

New frame (I apologize in advance for the resolution and aspect ratio, if youā€™re basing your guesses on those, you will most likely be misled):

Hinterlands?

Was there a HD version of Rise of Nations?

If so, I guess that.

Indeed, fun story!

Looks familiar but Iā€™m not sure I can pinpoint why at the moment. So, Iā€™ll guess Knights of Honor for this round since the mountains look similar-ish.

Thanks for the synopsis. Thereā€™s nothing like being right and wrong at the same time!

Age of Wonders 3?

No correct guesses yet!

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic?

Itā€™s actually Age of Wonders II: The Wizardā€™s Throne, but if I were @SadleyBradley I would consider your guess since they are SO similar.

I thought it might be an earlier one. In retrospect, itā€™s clearly too 2D to be 3. I knew those little buildings looked familiar!

Iā€™m going to give it to @rhamorim due to the fact that I donā€™t own Shadow Magic! It is Age of Wonders 2: The Wizardā€™s Throne, the first game I ever pirated way back when (Iā€™ve since bought it, of course).

It was a pain to get a screenshot - I had to run it in windowed mode, and it locked the resolution at a tiny 788 x 602.

@rhamorim is up!