2022 Quarterlies! Vote for Qt3's Best Game of 2022: "What guy? Bozo did it. That's Bozo's voice."

As usual, I did not play enough games to make up a full list. In fact, had I not bought Expeditions Rome on the last day of the most recent Steam Sale, my list would have been limited to two. As it is, my list is

1. Expeditions: Rome. Do I seriously put this first, above Elden Ring? Yes, I think I will. Maybe it’s because it is so much better then Expeditions: Vikings (which I wanted to love but just could not get into, although I might give that another shot after finishing Rome), maybe it’s because it’s my favourite historical period (I studied Roman Archaeology), maybe it’s just because I am playing it now, whereas playing Elden Ring was a long time back. And who knows: maybe I’ll change my mind before the deadline. But for now, I’ll put this on 1.
  2. Elden Ring. Great game, obviously, and the first Dark Souls-like game I could actually play. However, the crazy scaling of (even standard) enemies about halfway through, which meant that even with top lvl and top gear I still get killed in two hits, ruined it a bit for me. Perhaps some day I will actually git gud…
  3. Vampire Survivors. Better than it has any logical right to be.