2023 Video Game Frame Game - All Games and Frames Welcome!

Doom?

The green ground textures reminded me of an “old” indie Hexen FPS Roguelite sort of thing, but no way I can remember its name. Probably had “dungeon” in its name, that sure is gonna help XD

I wish I knew what other games look like Minecraft, but I don’t!

Crystal Caverns?

One More Dungeon?

Hexen?

I have played this, was going to guess Ultima Underworld I but the main play area is too large. I will guess Wizardry 5 then instead.

Nothing yet. Not really a useful hint or anything, but I really enjoyed this one, and normally my tolerance for retro graphics is very low. Maybe it’s less well known than I thought it was. Let’s try adding some UI.

I’d call it a distant relation of Ultima Underworld, which partly explains my affection for it.

Delver?

Not Delver.

I’ve seen footage of this, possibly on the Steam Page, but have 0 idea of its name. So I’ll make one up:

Pixel Dungeons

This is starting to look like a loss. I’ll put up the full frame here.

Took me a while for my brain to put a name to the picture finally, especially since it’s not an oft discussed game on this forum, but it’s Barony, isn’t it?

Yes indeed it is! I really enjoyed this one, especially in co-op. It’s sort of Ultima Underworld’s roguelike second cousin to my mind, and the post release support has been fairly spectacular.

I’ll note that this is a screenshot from the internet, not one of mine, because any time anything interesting enough to screenshot is going on in this game I’m too tense to dare move a hand away from the controls to take a screenshot.

Alright, time for a new round of guesses finally…

Settlers 7?

Bingo! It is indeed The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom.

Very distinctive fancy houses!

Hmm. What to pick next…