2024 also has plenty of WTF?!?!? moments.

Well, Mississippi. 'Nuff said.

So weird, now the domain isnā€™t even resolving. I think My Pussy and my Crack may have taken the Jackson Advocate hostage! We have to give her spicy Korean food until she relents.

Entirely likely that a small paperā€™s website got wanged by national attention of their story.

Donā€™t bring wangs into this with all the pussy and crack flying around! Have some decency, man.

And if you havenā€™t watched the season of Taskmaster with Phil Wang, what are you even doing?

This thread should probably be in the everything else forumā€¦ itā€™s not really political, and folks who fear to tread in PR would like it.
Anyway:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EntitledPeople/comments/18asf3t/a_woman_in_a_supermarket_tried_to_eject_me_from/

Lady tries to steal wheelchair from another person in a supermarket.

excerpt:

I sat up and pushed her hands off of me saying, ā€œwhat the fuck?!ā€ And she shakes the back of my chair like itā€™s a dinner chair or something, and goes, ā€œYou can use the scooter, the chair is better and Iā€™m old.ā€ and she points at the shitty supermarket scooter sheā€™s using. I stare at her in total shock for a moment and say, ā€œā€¦this is my wheelchair. Get away from me.ā€

ā€œYou canā€™t use personal stuff in supermarkets! Give. Me. The chair!ā€ She started like, shaking it with each statement. So at that point I just hit the maximum speed on my power chair and took off, ripping it out of her hands. It was either let go or be dragged on her face because she clearly wasnā€™t super steady and needed a scooter herself.

And weā€™re off on the dumbest chase in creation mostly because supermarket scooters go slower than any other mobility device. I buzzed over to the service desk and cut the line and said, ā€œIā€™m sorry, Iā€™m really sorry but thereā€™s a woman following me trying to push me out of my chair and take it.ā€ And from behind me they can hear, ā€œGIIIIIT BAAAACK HEEEEEERREā€ and the most wheezy buzzzzzz of the slow scooter.

I nearly pissed myself laughing at that. Thanks!

Reminder not to go to prison in Alabama ā€“ when they return your body to your family, itā€™s some assembly required. And some important pieces missing.

I have one nigh on ten years old, love it.

I have one of these classic howitzer shells that Iā€™ve owned since I was a teenager. Itā€™s got some scratches and dents but still works like a trooper.

These two things genuinely got a WTF out of me. The kind of thing youā€™d expect to read about in a failed state in Africa or the CCP.

Honestly, Iā€™ve never found any utility for a reusable drink container that isnā€™t machine washable. Iā€™ve been given a few of these stainless steel things at different times and I literally have no idea why Iā€™d want to use one.

I donā€™t know about Stanley, but Yeti tumblers are machine washable.

But can you put a YETI in the dishwasher, too? You bet.

Ah, so I guess thatā€™s the difference between the cheap ones Iā€™ve been given and the good ones people are preoccupied by. That at least makes more sense!

My Stanley cup is dishwasher safe.

The Stanley Cup is pretty big, isnā€™t it? I guess teams have industrial sized dishwashers, though, so perhaps itā€™d fit.

(Sorry, I couldnā€™t help it. The pun was just right there)

Indeed and they hold up to years of washing in the machine without issue. Gasket on the lids can become a problem, though.

Nearly a thousand people in the UK were convicted of stealing money from their postal service jobs due to an error in accounting software. This was known for years and is only now being corrected because of a TV documentary.

Not even a documentary! A drama. As a journalist, thatā€™s pretty depressing.

There have been 983 convictions - 700 of which were privately initiated by the Post Office - linked to the faulty Horizon IT programme.

Soā€¦ thereā€™s a lot of responsibility here. From the individuals who prosecuted the cases, to the judges, to whoever was inside the post office and government pushing for thisā€¦

Another BBC article says these two have borne the bulk of criticism

Why have Paula Vennells and Ed Davey been criticised?

The former Post Office chief executive Paula Vennells said she would hand back her CBE after a petition calling for its removal gathered more than a million signatures.

Lib Dem leader Sir Ed Davey has also faced pressure over his handling of the scandal, when he was postal affairs minister in the coalition government.

In May 2010, he refused to meet Alan Bates, the sub-postmaster who led the campaign to expose the scandal, saying he did not believe it ā€œwould serve any purposeā€. The pair later met in October 2010.