3x3: favorite addresses

These are physical addresses in movies. Not the email or Internet variety.

We discuss our favorite addresses in movies at the 1:22 mark of the Qt3 Movie Podcast of The Survivalist

Tom Chick
3. Cherry Tree Lane (2010)
2. London Boulevard

1. Fight Club

Kelly Wand
3. 22 Jump Street
2. The Amityville Horror (1979)

1. Fight Club

Dingus
3. Amelie
2. The Big Sleep

1. The Untouchables

What are your favorite addresses in movies? Again, no Internet addresses! Or dresses a person might wear. Or headdresses! Regular physical addresses. Listen to the show to hear us go on about the particulars of ours and to hear Dingus read a bunch of listener picks.

Send your choices in for the next topic to [email protected]

10 Cloverfield Lane

That was the first thing I thought of too.

“It’s for you.”

-xtien

Uh…guys. It’s 7244. Off Laurel.

-xtien

-xtien

For Harry Potter Fans,

4 Privit Drive

and 12 Grimwauld Place

And for fans of Capra Corn, 320 Sycamore St., Bedford Falls, NY

In the movie, this is identified as the house on Cleveland Street in fictional Hohman, Indiana. The actual house, which is now the Christmas Story House and Museum is located at 3159 W 11th St., Cleveland, Ohio.

About the Wilmington, DE zip code in Fight Club, @tomchick – Recall that the climactic scene is a bombing of the world’s bank offices. Those are basically all in Delaware. I presume any indications that it takes place elsewhere are misleading.

Ah, very good. Once again, punk’d by Fincher/Palahniuk’s attention to detail!

-Tom

The room 1408 from the movie, uh, 1408, does that count?

The numbers add up to 13. Scary!

The house that Royal Tenenbaum bought “on Archer Avenue in the winter of his 35th year”

Couldn’t think of three, I considered the tree from Fantastic Mr Fox…

… but feared being put in jail because I couldn’t remember whether an address is mentioned!

As a point of information, “London Boulevard” is definitely not a generic term like “American street”. If anything, London is notable for its lack of boulevards compared to other major Western European cities like Paris or Barcelona. Technically, a boulevard should be a wide, tree lined road, and neither of those are particularly common in London, let alone together.

Hmm. It was a theory I tried to float on the fly, but clearly off base. Good to know.

Thank you for this point of information, Ginger_Yellow.

-xtien

Holden: One-one-eight-seven at Unterwasser.
Leon: That’s the hotel.
Holden: What?
Leon: Where I live.
Holden: Nice place?
Leon: Yeah, sure I guess-- that part of the test?
Holden: No, just warming you up, that’s all.

The Munsters. 1313 Mockingbird Lane. And before you try to correct me:

Munsters in the movies.

The Adams Family. 0001 Cemetery Lane.

Same as above.

Since nobody’s mentioned it yet, probably the most famous movie address that didn’t originate in movies:

Nice one, Mr. Zinc! I can vividly see their faces in my mind just by reading that dialogue.

And isn’t that where Deckard goes and finds the snake scale in the bathtub? Or does Zhora live someplace else?

-Tom