A Penny Arcade strip you like and why

Jack Thompson was in full post-Columbine frenzy, accusing gamers of being homicidal sociopaths (no, really). Gabe and Tycho wanted to do something to show that gamers are anything but. Child’s Play was the result, and has been staggeringly more successful than anyone expected. If that’s “spite,” give me much, much more of it, please.

Yeah the genesis of it was pretty much “let’s prove Jack Thomson is wrong!”
Not that I don’t think they weren’t also hoping to help children etc. but you can’t pretend that wasn’t part of why it started.

People are still reading Kotaku?

Owen Good comes off almost as much of a tool as Paul C did.

You say that like its a dirty secret or something, but I’m not even sure why anyone would even consider it a bad thing.

Yes. Yes you can. They started in 2003, they didn’t have their trouble with Jack Thompson until 2005. (Columbine was 1999)

Their $10,000 donation to…some charity was because of Jack Thompson reneging on his promise to donate $10,000 to the charity of choice of anyone who made a violent murder game of a person killing video game people.

It was started to counter the whole "video games train people to KILL thing, not anything or anyone in particular.

Anyway, what is your point forgeforsaken? Are you saying that the Penny Arcade guys really are bullies, assholes, on the wrong end of this whole Christoforo situation, etc … like that articles claims? And as evidence for this point, they only run a charity because they want to one-up someone?

Almost? I dunno, I think that when a literate person is that douchey and lacking in self-awareness, it’s even more offensive than when an idiot does it.

Assumes facts not in evidence. We have no reason to believe that Owen Good is literate.

Back on topic, while continuing the off-topic, SIMULTANEOUSLY – oh God I crossed the streams –

Gabe’s Grinch face: AWESOME.

Also, I want that DVD.

Isn’t ass vampire something from F.A.T.A.L.?

Sure, but you have to roll a d100 to determine if it’s a rectum, sphincter, or glute vamp, and the elasticity per ass of course.

You know, I’m not sure if I’m making a joke here or if that would actually be an established FATAL system.

A vampire that only feeds on assholes, and Tycho has that DVD? Is he talking about Bubba Ho-Tep?

It may be a joke about an old bash.org quote.

In case you need context for that.

Urethral Splints.

Though I quite like ‘Wow that’s cool and not sad.’

I LOVE today’s comic. “It did not.”

In our Battleship Galaxies games, we have found that to be pretty accurate, too.

How is that Battleship Galaxies game, anyways?

I’m more of a tabletopper myself so I have more or less just started Firestorm Armada.

Two nice comics. From the “ahhuuu!!” I screamed with the “urethral splints” concept (and Tycho’s calm face saying it) to the “I’m going on the Net, to find people who agree with me” (funny because it’s true) and the twist that, for once, it actually didn’t work!
Also, the “hide your kids, hide your wife” meme.

This.

Because of the stories are so well told, you get sucked into them – for a moment. Then it’s off to sell it off to help pay for some crafting materials.