A Penny Arcade strip you like and why

Now I can enjoy Penny Arcade ART all day long, without internet :P

I don’t know why, but I love Tycho’s writing. I really do, particularly today’s news post.

Tycho’s face.

I have found something that I find funny.

Tycho seems to have (in the comic) some …humm… love for ostrichs.

I have found this article:

…the scientists set up observation stations near several ostrich enclosures (the ostriches were grouped as one male to two females). They carefully kept THEMSELVES well out of sight and sound of the ostriches. Then they had humans walk by the enclosures, either relatively distant, or right up near the fence. As the humans walked by, the scientists watched the birds to see what they did.

And those ostriches…were happy to see the humans. Very happy. In fact, both female AND male ostriches solicited sex more than twice as often when the humans were nearby. 70% of the ostriches reliably hit on the humans when they were around. Turns out that being raised by humans can change what an ostrich is attracted to. The only exception to this was their control ostrich, a male which had been raised in Africa and then imported to the farm. He studiously ignored all humans, unless they got too close, in which case he was much more likely to be aggressive.

You can love a ostrich, and probably the ostrich will love you back. cough

It’s not really ostriches per se, he has a fetish for all creatures with long, slim necks.

“Hardballs.”

Dat legs.

Invisible leather apron.

What game are they harping on?

Kingdoms of Amalur I believe.

All of them?

Also yes.

The original rendition of this strip was funny because it suggested something.

This one’s funny because they went there.

Bestiality Tycho always gets a laugh. (From sick me, anyway.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard is burning every drop of midnight oil between now and 5/15 buying out spare server capacity across the Western hemisphere.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were fucking horses instead.

Good strip and a good point. I mean, everyone and their mother hates Gamestop, and if they went out of business, customers would have no choice but to go to digital distribution (or, you know, Walmart), so why not launch whenver-the-fuck you want with reduced costs and let Gamestop drop your games from their slanty little shelves?

Hmmm.

That last bit came off as a touch racist somehow.

Is shelves the new slang for shit elves? Is that what we are calling Gamestop employees when they aren’t looking? Because that is mean.

Brick and mortar sells the top hits and ignore the long tail. But diablo3, wow and the sim are these hits. The brick and mortar bussines exist to sell these 3 games. So d3 will probably sell a lot of phisical box…

From what I’ve heard, I think Gamestop employees are sort of pre-paying their purgatory time while still in this mortal coil. So I cut them some slack.

PA aren’t the only ones to notice this… WHAT IS ON HER FACE?

A lot of people don’t like those new noses. PA and PvP and The Trenches are all using them now. I think they are trying to be stylistic, but it mostly looks to me like everyone has had their noses cut of in horrible, horrible ways.

I’m pretty willing to state that the new nose style is objectively, quantifiably, provably terrible and that anyone who likes it as actually bear-fucking crazy.

Then again, I was also one of those weirdos who said that books weren’t open to serious interpretation if the author said one reading was correct and others were not. That’s not directly related, but it does mean that my views on Art are typically discarded without consideration by people in the know ;)