A Penny Arcade strip you like and why

It also helps that pretty much everyone who has played a Professor Layton game, even if they really enjoyed the experience, can totally relate to the comic.

I have a few faves but this is up there:

That is a fantastic one. Here’s one of mine!

Yeah, I like a lot of their early WoW strips. Was a time when their obsession and mine overlapped. On the other hand, all their Destiny strips are Greek to me.

Here’s one of my favs from way back in 2006, I think it is when Tycho’s wordsmithery reached its peak:

Here’s a recent one I enjoyed, particularly for the middle panel:

That first one is my all time favorite.

Right on!

Here’s another one I enjoyed from the last few years, seems very apt for this point in history too. Remember back when 2016 was considered a ‘terrible’ year?

My parents live just across the river from downtown Cincinnati (well, my mom’s moved back here since, but they still own that house for the time being) and have had deer in their yard on the regular. I’m always a bit surprised how many wild animals one wouldn’t associate with cities actually are present.

Yeah, I’ve always loved that one too.

Ok, that one made me actually lol.

Plus One.

That fuckin’ one will always be my favorite, though I can’t not see the reversed “word” and “one” in the second panel now. They didn’t even fix it on the hoodie they used to sell!

In the interest of sharing, this example of early Tycho Wording is one of my favorites.

“He used poop, yes – because poop was his medium” always fucking gets me, ahaha.

It’s not a mistake, though. Constructions like “If you say word one, I am gonna…” existed long before that comic. ‘Word One’ as in ‘the first word.’

Ben Kechura opening up about how shitty Penny Arcade was to work for while he was writing something called The PA Report. I haven’t had this page book marked for a few years now, I don’t give them any clicks, but I don’t know a lot about what he’s talking about. It does sound like a shitty place to work though.

After many years, they have redone their website. Now you can gasp view the comic and read the related text on the same page

Even the last 3 strips aren’t bad!