Action figures (and other toys)

Seller’s rating should help with that, but its always possible to get scammed. I once got a counterfeit PAK figure and it was really bad. But that was ebay so I learned my lesson.

I’ve mentioned how I bought into the Kickstarter for CMON’s Game of Thrones tabletop wargame and how I’ve been buying paints and materials/equipment for when the game arrives. But I also bought the unpainted minis of returning companions for the Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire game and found images for the sculpts. They’re 28mm scale and should provide some good practice for me before the 200+ minis for the CMON game arrive in August.

What sort of colors do you use?

I paint with all the colors of the wind.

I actually don’t have any minis yet. There’s a local GW, but the Game of Thrones wargame was supposed to be out in April but got delayed until late July. So I’d expected to have stuff to actually paint by now. And Obsidian sent an email this past week saying the physical goodies have been delayed for a month or two too. :(

??? I was asking what type of colors. Oil, water, any particular brands that are more suited for plastic.

Just in case the joke was missed

It was utterly missed, I haven’t seen that in ages.

ಠ_ಠ

https://www.amazon.com/Vallejo-Game-Color-Basic-Paint/dp/B009LH0YTA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1525124565&sr=8-2&keywords=vallejo+game+color+set

I got this right after Christmas for around $190, bought it because I thought the Game of Thrones minis would be in my hands by April. I think I’ve shaken each bottle 1/month to keep the paint from settling (I also threw stainless steel ball bearings in each bottle to act as agitators).

Sorry for the joke, I completely misunderstood your initial question.

I don’t really have any action figures these days, but these two guys keep me company at work.

Nick Offerman on the left, but who is on the right?

Special Agent Dale Cooper, with damn fine cup of coffee.

Oh, wow. Totally missed that one.

Just realized I need one more for the trifecta: Scotty from Star Trek.

So I got my Scotty. In fact I couldn’t decide if I wanted the James Doohan or the Simon Pegg version, so I decided “yes”. Kind of wish they had older Scotty from the original movies, with the mustache, but I’m running out of desk space.

You’d probably have to pay a bit extra for beer belly Scotty.

Nobody buying new toys? I just cleaned up my “isolation chamber” a bit and took some pics of my toy displays.

My Marauder set up:

Who said MK vs Street Fighter would never happen?

I love Aliens!

I also love horror!

Don’t care if you like the movie or not. Last Jedi figs

Finally X-Men. Because X-Men are awesome!

Great collection. I wish I had so much room to display my stuff. As it is I almost stopped getting new figures, because it means storing others that I still love :(

I may be getting this guys for my next birthday:

So they make Rick and Morty keychains. Like many of these type of things, they come in a box and you don’t know which one you’re going to get. I was lucky enough to get the best one!

Space is really an issue with this stuff. I’m lucky to have a small room in the basement for my hobbies. It’s hard to tell from the pictures but most of my stuff is against one wall. The marauders are on the top shelf of my board game shelving (also minis and painting). The alien and horror stuff take the top two shelves of a bookshelf. The bottom two are board games also. The pictures make it look a lot bigger than it really is.

That Thanos looks pretty sweet. I have a couple Diamond Select figures and they’re great. Wish they had a bit more articulation but they’re solidly built and great sculpts.