Action figures (and other toys)

My Revoltech Venom and Spiderman. I love these figures. You can practically pose them doing anything.

Dammit, it appears you are right

Nice!

I immediately broke my Revoltech Magneto’s leg at the hip joint trying to rotate it too far when removing the protective plastic packaging. It should be fixable with a little glue and a lot of caution, but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Revoltech is a funny name for, well, anything really.

This came in from Amazon today, and fortunately the wife was home to keep the paints from freezing out on the front porch since it’s so damn cold here in SW Ohio. Spent a good hour or two dropping stainless steel ball bearings into each bottle to act as agitators. Been saving up my birthday and Christmas Amazon gift cards and snatched the set up at its lowest price in over 4+ months of watching it via a wishlist (no shipping or sales tax either). So basically cost me $1 per bottle out of pocket.

Why? In prep for the Song of Ice and Fire miniatures war game I Kickstarted last Aug: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/a-song-of-ice-and-fire-tabletop-miniatures-game

Haven’t painted minis in a long, long time, so for my birthday the wife and kids got me brushes, magnifying glasses, etc. Also bought some Vallejo washes and grey/white/black primer bottles. Might have to swing by my local GW store and buy a few small minis to begin practicing with.

Been meaning to ask, who is this? Came with a collection of Astoboy figurines in an Ebay lot. I am not familiar with this character and cursory googling has not revealed anything. I presume it is some Japanese version that did not appear in the west?

So Marauder Inc is running their WW2 kickstarter. Their past lines have amazing articulation and quality on par with Hasbro, so check it out. I can’t afford to throw too much at it, but I’m definately in for one or two of every nation that gets unlocked. Really hope they get to the paratroopers and airborne tiers!!

Is it Matt Damon?!

Gladiator Hulk Is here to smash all!

He’s a pretty big guy

Nice, which version is that? I have the Marvel Legends Build-a-figure version from the Ragnarok wave, but yours looks bigger and a bit more detailed.

It’s Marvel Select from Diamond Select. He is really nice and surprisingly pliable.

I pulled out my paintbrushes and did a little Aliens Colonial Marine color patterning (the armor comes plain green from MarauderInc.com). I like this guy now better than the actual Hiya toy Aliens figures which to me are way too scrawny.

Did you touch up existing paint or repaint the entire model? If the latter, how’d you get those pupils? My guess would be a fine point ink pen (at least that’s the only way I could get a ‘centered’ pupil).

Edit: Reread your post, sounds like you spruced up the plain green armor they shipped with. The eyes came from the factory.

Not an anime, toy or figure fan but I bought my first two Nendoroid figures.

(not my pic, they’re still en-route being shipped)

The step daughter can be annoying at times. Sometimes she gets it right. A gift.

I’ll probably bite if they ever do one of those for Lucio.

Yes, this particular face is from the factory. But I’ve done some myself and I don’t think a pen, no matter how fine, would do, as you’ll have trouble controlling the output and spread. Find a good no1 brush, and use the itty bitty tip of the hair to drag black across for the lids, and then the dot of the pupil. Don’t hold the brush like a pencil, you want to gently grasp with my thumb and index, but drape it across your middle and ring to steady and brace it, almost like chopsticks.

The one I did was the black dude on the left, Stalker. He used to be completely flat blue, an extra head from a blue Bossfight Blank I used for a Rogue Trooper custom.

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30709836_10160393547000387_7870064125768892416_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=c904c3720b05a14d9482bbd833526a2e&oe=5B68BBCA

These are so cool. I think I’ll get one for myself.

Thanks for the advice. I’ll have to try both ways, just not sure my hands are steady enough at this age to have that kind of control over the brush.

they’re sold on amazon but apparently these figures are often counterfeited.