Age of Empires, 2, and 3 coming in new Definitive Editions

King of the Desert 5 has started. Last day of the opening matches is today.

I usually donā€™t follow that one, but with the recent patch, I might. I am interested in seeing how infantry have changed.

Annoyingly the new content has broken Custom Search for games. They no longer sort correctly (or at all).

Sounds like a lot of issues have popped up, and folks are generally unhappy with the DLC. I guess they have 3 campaigns in the DLC, but they dropped all the classic AoE1 campaigns.

We will be officially bringing the Ascent of Egypt tutorial campaign, plus three AoE campaigns to Return of Rome, including The First Punic War campaign. These campaigns will launch in future updates to Return of Rome, similar to our Co-Op Campaign content rollout. More details about their release will be available soon.

Iā€™ve held off buying the DLCs for AoE 2 simply because I find that watching the games has been a lot less stressful than playing them (I never can match my own expectations) but this one I might pick up on the next sale. .

Especially if there are future balance changes on the horizon for Age of Empires 1

(1) The Smallest Black Forest Ever! - YouTube

By the way, this is an interesting series.

I saw that, theyā€™re all a bit silly. Choke point maps like that can be won or lost almost by minute 1, depending on who walks first. When Slow gained the stone in the middle, in effect he won the game. In a lot of pick up Amazon games when I have a weak team that lets the enemy forward wall on us, we may as well resign at that point as theyā€™ll have all the additional resources of the middle and itā€™s extremely hard to push unless you have favorable civ match ups. Thatā€™s made 10x worse here as the middle stone was his opponents stone.

I play pick up games all thr time Lego. I just avoid Arabia and Nomad if possible. Arabia because the hardcore players lair, and Nomad because I still donā€™t understand the build order Iā€™m supposed to use and almost always end up way behind even against weak players (almost more than any other map, if your build order is weak in nomad you will die horribly when the enemy hits castle 5 minutes before you do). I just mash H-A-H-A all game to keep vil production up.

Also, the AI is some of the best in the RTS world. I play a lot of sudden death vs the AI to tone down the vill spam, but I canā€™t beat the hardest AI when it has a full Imperial economy going. The only way to beat the AI is castle or tower rush it at the highest levels (when doing a 4v4 with AI teammates and enemies). And that because the only thing thr AI is bad at is not attacking castles, so yiu can cheese it that way.

It is impressive that the RM code was even able to handle that small of a map with how it has to place certain things. Hopefully T90 makes it back to twitch some day. I occasionally watch the youtube videos, but would be more likely to catch him live on twitch than fb.gg.

I seem to be much more likely to watch videos for a game than play them lately.

(1) 69 x 420 Map - YouTube

More of the crazy.

I watched the final (and only the final) of King of the Desert, and it wasā€¦ fine. But, as a spectator, I really have very little interest in Arabia maps. Especially multiple games of them.

Yet another DLC for AoE2 on the way:

They stole the AoM Ox Cart!

Honestly, one of these days, I will buy the AoE 2 DLCs, instead of just watch the Tournaments.

You ought to. AoE 2 is by far my most played game over the last couple of years. The enormous map variety and the predictably difficult AI makes it very much a lot of fun vs skirmish AI or in pick up games online. Thereā€™s also probably 100 campaign scenarios at this point to play with all kinds of hand crafted interesting scenarios.

Oh sweet gotta set this up before I leave town today! Thanks for the information!

No Problem. Ox Carts.

T90 has moved back to twitch for streaming in the past month, and at least for warlords was hitting good viewer numbers this weekend. I didnā€™t watch much of this edition of warlords. Maybe I will try to catch some of it on YouTube. It sounded like the viewer numbers were down though, but still around 20k for the final day.

I havenā€™t picked up the latest expansion yet, because Iā€™ve been debating spending the money to get them through Microsoft so I have them for the console version as well. So I guess I should be looking this week to see if a sale pops up.

I am watching the quarter finals. Itā€™s been great, but long.

New Announcements coming up.

I think weā€™ll get Age of Mythology Retold this year, probably.