Age of Mythology: Extended Edition - Coming to Steam soon!

I’m up for two spots in a 4-pack if someone is already buying one.

I would jump in on a 4 pack as well.

I’ll 4-pack it.

I would like in on a 4 pack please.

I’ll go ahead and get a 4-pack so if you want to join, post here and I’ll PM you the Paypal email for the $18. Thanks!

Have 2 free spots:

1. Brian Rubin

Will sort things out tonight as soon as one more person confirms and we’ll be set.

I do I do!

Anyone know if this iteration will support off-Internet LAN play?

Have one more spot in a 4-pack - let me know!

Not sure about LAN play - hopefully it would though.

If that spot is still open, I’ll take it. Let me know.

Sounds good - I’ll PM you the details.

This is out now. Just started playing again. Looks really good!

Check out some of the options. There’s some decent things that can be tweaked, like 1 click garrisoning.

Oooooh! Very nice.

Badges?
In the middle of the multiplayer screen is a badge set of pillars, these are items that you can earn towards based on your interaction with the game. Beat campaigns (without cheating?) Badges! Play multiplayer? Badges! Participate in events?..you can see where I’m going here.

Good. Now they can get started on making Age of Empires Online work offline. </wishfulthinking>

It does.

Oops, sorry, Dave, I missed this. Yes it does.

For off-Internet LAN, how many licenses do you need for a two person game? One or two?

Two. How would the second person play it? It’s steamworks.

It is a fair question, I think. Back in the day, LAN play used to mean one copy could be used for multiple players (for some games). And being off the internet sorta implies not having to logon to Steam. Cause you know, internet.

I don’t think any game on Steam supports LAN play in the conventional sense (i.e. you can use one copy of this game for multiple players on a LAN). These days, the term LAN play is pretty much meaningless. I think it’s just an option to directly connect without going through any sort of matching service.

As for this re-release, I’m really happy with how well Age of Mythology holds up. For the most part. There are some interface tricks from Age of Empires III that I really miss. :( But nothing can replace the awesome god choices, god power, and mythological units. So sweet!

-Tom

Looks like this is getting an expansion.