Age of Wonders 3

Who quit over it?

elfmeat I think.

I think part of the reticence is that it’s quite a new mod, not that many subscribers etc.

edit: it’s occurred to me that you can add or remove mods during a game sessions with no real ill effects, especially as the mod in question doesn’t add any new units afaik.

Anyway, it’s apparently Thraeg’s turn, so shall we continue?

Can we just stick to communicating through the forum? I’m annoyed that I get an email from the game, but in order to respond, I have to boot up the game.

Is this directed at me?

I don’t think I’ve sent any in game communication.

Sorry, no it wasn’t. It’s all the other messages.

Are the other players on QT3?

I assumed so…

If you guys are going to communicate via this forum, would you please consider setting up a thread for your game? Otherwise, the AOW3 thread is going to be useless for everyone else for the duration.

I mean, the thread is pretty dead anyway. I honestly don’t care.

I was thinking the above…

and kind of came to this conclusion…

But it probably would be nice if it were in a separate thread. I still like to read the occasional thought about the game as someone new decides to play, so I do check the thread - but it does get tiresome scrolling past the the multiplayer game messages.

Separate thread!

Use this thread:

or rather, appended to an old aow3 pbem thread in this forum.

That’s an AoW 2 thread - you can create a new thread, there isn’t a rule against it. Just call it “AoW III 2019 PBEM” or something.

Thanks BloodyBattleBrain!

so… what happened after July 29??? I went and looked at the alternative thread linked above, but it does not include any gameplay either…

Well, not much. We really havent run into each other yet.

Ah, I gather it’s not actually very fast gameplay then, if it takes over five weeks to run into each other :-). Oh well, I’ll just wait patiently for anything exiting to happen!

That’s the nature of the pbem beast. :)

I have a question about auto resolve. Does it actually play the battle out or does it do some calculation and simply decides what happens?

The reason I am asking is because I sometimes save the game before I auto resolve and then go back and play the battle myself. The thing is, when I play the battle myself, I almost always do worse than the auto resolve and sometimes the auto resolves has a spectacular win when I get my ass handed to my if I do it myself.

It’s been a minute so I can’t remember, but does this game let you watch the auto-play after? Planetfall does, and I thought that was a cool feature and then I swear someone pointed out AoW3 does have that same feature. If so, watch the auto-resolve battle after the fact, see what’s going on maybe?

It plays it out, controlling both sides in the battle.

Yes.

Can you do that in PBEM as well?