Age of Wonders: Planetfall by Triumph Studios

In motion, it’s mostly fine. I watched the rest of the battle play out (and it was excellent) but I think something needs updating. I think you are right about it being the tags/banners. I appreciate the banners in AoW3 - they are large and colored to help display units, and have useful information built in (like the number of pinions is the tier of the unit, or the number on the hero banner is her level). Looking at the tags (banners) in yesterdays video I’m not sure what info they convey (probably they do something) but I can’t parse it out yet, so I don’t know if I like them currently.

I’ll watch this later :).

I share the concern about readability. For me, it’s an issue even with AoW3 – as much on the strategic map as the tactical one.

Possible release date leak - August 6th.

It’s just been confirmed via a press release.

Steam store updated to reflect it as well with pre-order availability now up.

They’ll be a bunch of gameplay articles going live tomorrow around 2PM GMT as well, if anyone’s interested. There were hands-on events held recently in London & San Francisco.

Official E-mail.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall Arrives August 6

Up for pre-order on GOG too. Wondering if I should pre-order at some point, and which version to get if I do.

I also just got a GMG email offering 15% off.

The trailer.

I’ve pre ordered the premium edition. No surprises there.

I’m slightly confused by the 80’s-inspired song in that trailer. Beyond the soundtrack, the overall tone of the trailer is confusing. It’s not enough of a satire/homage, but it obviously doesn’t take itself too seriously either. It falls in my “uncanny valley” as far as “tone” goes, which leaves me unsettled somehow. Hmmm.

I never preorder an—

—oh, well, that’s a different story. I mean, if you guys insist.

That was my same impression.

Yeah, going to pull trigger on premium shortly thru GMG.

Same, and I’m also going Premium. While I may still in the end enjoy AoW3 more (possible, but we’ll see) this is going to easily end up being my favorite turn-based strategy game of 2019, I’m fairly certain. Plus, I love these guys and want to support the hell out of them.

Yeah the Saturday morning cartoon vibe (think Awesomenauts) feels like an odd tonal choice for this. Hope the actual game takes itself more seriously.

https://consequenceofsound.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/beastie-boys-sabotage-sound-engineer-memoir-tim-meadows.png

See it immediately made me think of this ridiculous thing

Well, Paradox has already got the cosmetic DLC train rolling with the announcements of the Spacerpunk and Bravado bundle packs. If the story is as silly as the cosmetic packs, it might just be 80s action movies all over again.