Alabama Senate special election thread of hot takes, bitter disappointment, and/or slightly possible exuberance.

im pretty sure god told him he was going to win, so somethings up and it probably involves abortion, illegal immigrants, or someone trying to take away our guns. just think of the unborn babies and guns!

Every unborn baby is one less person with a gun. Shameful.

Ha ha. This guy is such a loser and snake oil salesmen. He says he took a polygraph, which no one witnessed and obviously he hired the “examiner”. Does he think anyone is going to believe this? Mooreover, why would he do this at all? Creepy ass bastard.

Fuck this guy. Just go away, dude…even your Breitbart pals have ditched you. You can’t get any lower than that.

Well done, good sir!

Did someone say Breitbart?

Certified creep now certified loser.

Yeah who knew that a sexist, racist child predator would have trouble with someone(s) telling him he can’t have something.

And just for clarity, a judge did look at Moore’s suit to block certification of Jones and dismissed it out of hand prior to certification taking place.

But Moore had such good datas!

Faith-based mathematics have become part of US elections, I’m afraid.

I like that one of the points in the lawsuit is that he was polling ahead of Jones, so the loss was surprising and obviously fishy. If we give him that, can we give H.R.Clinton a win as well? :D

But weren’t Fox and other right-wing news organizations screaming that Jones had the lead in order to galvanize their voters?

Yea, Fox had Jones up by 10 points.

You’ve obviously been taken in by Fake News.

This is fake news, though, right here. ;)

I mean, I get the suspicion of anything having anything to do with Fox News, belieeeeeve me. But their polling and analysis is surprisingly ok.

Fox may have commissioned the poll in Alabama, but they used two very respected pollsters to work on that final poll together – one pollster with a Democratic client sheet, the other with a primarily Republican client base. Fox News is garbage, but their polling and analysis working groups are typically as good as anyone’s, if not better in some cases.

And, frankly, their polling was pretty far off the mark. Which underscores the difficulty of polling a state like Alabama in the first place.

So it seems that Moore can still challenge the election one more time. Only this time it will cost him $1,000,000.

I’m sure his interest in pursuing this will wane precipitously unless rich folks who love him so much pony up the cash.

It would not surprise me if he got the cash from donations.

It would surprise me greatly. Anyone who with access to a donor network who had helped him – even media like Breitbart – have washed their hands of him as an embarrassment and walked away.