Alien Swarm - Free VALVE Source Mod

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4081/

I saw this today. It will be released for free Monday, so I thought perhaps some people (especially the L4D people!) would like to have a night of alien horde killing. Perhaps we could meet in the Qt3 chat on Monday and get some groups of 4 together. From what I understand, it is just 4 person coop and no versus. So, get it downloaded Monday and be ready for Monday night!

Cool, alien Gauntlet!

Ooh, hey, co-op goodness!

• Alan

I really enjoyed this when it was a Unreal Tournament Mod. I’ll be there, that’s for sure.

Ooooooo, fun, sign me up!!!

No mac release announced? Oh, Valve…

good stuff, 4 player co-op!

Wow that is so cool of them.

Valve 4eva.

Edit: Wow, full mod support too? That is so crazy.

Great mod (played it in UT times) for a great and talented mod team. Congrats for being took by Valve.
They also made a pretty good Thief-like multiplayer game, Thievery.

I loved the original mod and had given the port up for dead since there was very little word with many vaporware signs. Always nice to hear it is going to be free, but it makes me wonder. It was originally stated to be a complete game that was not free. Makes you wonder what made it change…

One of my favorite unreal mods though…

Looks fun, I’ll be down for this.

Is this like a co-op Shadowgrounds, then?

I played the Unreal version a lot too. Definitely the best swarm type game I’ve played. The co-op is amazing; especially at higher difficulties.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say “Valve hiring the development team.”

Just FYI, Shadowgrounds has four player coop.

…on the same computer. Yeah, I know.

Indeed! I hope someone makes bunny swarm :D

I’m in.

'kay.

yay!!!

If still is like the gameplay of the mod, it is much more tactical and with focus in a careful cooperation than Shadowgrounds / Alien Breed.