All good demons go to Nintendo: Diablo on switch

Does D3 use the HD Rumble?

The big weirdness for me is getting used to the radial inventory menu. On the Xbox version I played for a couple hours and still had trouble wrapping my mind around it. Especially when items are buried in sub-menus while weapons and armor are just one layer deep.

Did you really get used to it over time?

This thread should have been called “All good demons go to… um… Switch?”.

Done :)

Woo! Just rolled my first legendary ring and its a RORG.

Nice! Anyone on? Need help killing Rakanoth and Urzeal t4

Did they up the Ancient drop rate? I’ve already got a couple and I’ve only got to GR 30.

So…

Do you need to have the Nintendo online pass thingy? How does it work with going portable (offline) then docked (online) for seasons? I don’t care about leader boards, but like the progression. I also would not want to be trimmed off from playing with others. Does it work with a microphone in some functional way? Is there a decent amount of folks playing? I could maybe get behind a THIRD dip on D3 if it gave me a way to portable grind plus the necromancer that I never tried out. Maybe.

As far as I am aware, the only thing you need the online pass for is playing with other people.

For seasons you need to be online to start one, and then you can play them fully offline. I think leaderboards will only progress while online.

I don’t think it has voice chat yet. If it gets enabled it will be though the Nintendo smart-phone app.

Thanks. I guess I still am getting stuck with how playing a season character works if I don’t play online or in the leader boards. If I just want to play it for the rewards, solo or couch co-op if there is not a good online group, do I need the online pass?

You need the pass to play with other people online.

So no, you don’t need the pass to play a season character solo or in couch co-op.

You don’t need the pass to play season character online solo, if you want leaderboards.

To play in an online group you would need the pass. :)

I’m playing solo seasonal both off and online. It works fine — I don’t care about leaderboards. Though there is a weird bug occasionally where it won’t let you receive the rewards you’ve unlocked unless you exit and reenter the game. In general it seems to be a bit buggier than the PC version. I had a somewhat terrifying inventory bug the other day, also rectified by leaving and starting the game again.

Andddddd I’m addicted to this game again.

The ability to effortlessly play this game on Switch while on my morning and evening commute is incredible. The ability to play offline specifically, so I don’t need to rely on tethering to my phone or spotty wifi just to play. And the instant suspend / resume behavior on Switch works perfectly too.

I remember being so eager to play Diablo 3 on the go that I tried playing it on my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet + bluetooth mouse on my lap while on the bus, five years ago. That technically worked, but it was kind of miserable, especially since the game required a persistent online connection.

Five years later, and Nintendo made it “just work”. Damn I love my Switch.

Ok. I just want to be sure as other versions of Diablo have been always online. If fact I think it was D3 where consumers finally fully and utterly lost that battle. It is only relevant to me in this case as I don’t plan to get the Nintendo online pass, but am strongly considering D3 Switch flexibility.

@LMN8R Yes. I love my Switch too, and I’ve been saying that since launch. Best darn console in quite a long time. And yes, I have a PS4 and use it daily. I just really dig the flexibility of Switch plus all the Indy pickups on it. Great system.

Sure, it’s only 960p docked. But afer playing on all platforms I think this is now the definitive version. Pretty cool. :)

I played it docked for a little bit yesterday on my 4K 55" TV and honestly couldn’t tell it was just 960p. Sure it wasn’t crisp, but it’s Diablo, and Diablo doesn’t exactly need the highest resolution IMO.

What I really want is Diablo on mobile. Someone should get on that.

Wow, had a crazy productive commute. Finally managed to upgrade a rare flail to Golden Flense for my seasonal Crusader, and the very next rift dropped a Denial to go with it, meaning my build is basically complete, other than enchantments and ancients. Also dropped an ancient Stone of Jordan for my follower and a Compass Rose to complete my Endless Walk set. Pretty much all I need now is another Unity.

I’m only around level 18 with my Wizard but I’m finding that I’m having a similar problem as I so often do with this game - what is with so many of the skills being utterly useless? Or am I just using them wrong?

For example, Magic Missile is so ungodly powerful at my current state that I can’t imagine not using it. Yet so many other skills I’ve tried seem to be so ineffective that I can’t imagine ever using them going forward.

Hrm…

I picked this up last Friday and it was the first time I had played console D3, having avoided the PS4 version. Definitely wish they would port the console controls to the PC. In some ways its worse, but in most ways its better. The inventory management is a big part of this, it just keeps the game flow moving better, which I found surprising.

The single best thing about the game though is the offline play with the ability to pause. No way would I have been able to play as much as I did this weekend traveling without that feature.

It did make me wish for D3 on an iPad though (assuming 3rd party controllers), the screen on the switch is so small it’s just barely usable for me. I lament all that wasted space on the interface when comparing items.

I started with a witch doctor, and the seasonal set you get is not my favorite playstyle, the abilities have just enough cooldown time to be annoying, but it’s certainly powerful enough. I am already demolishing T13 and I still need a piece or two to complete the build, nevermind getting everything optimized.