All-purpose gun legislation thread

So, is the unhealthy obsession with his daughter’s sexuality cast as loving fatherhood a Roy Moore reaction or something?

An obsession with his daughter’s sexuality and guns? Freud would have a field day.

This a million times.

This has been a pretty common gotcha for a long time. If there’s an area that has the security in place to nearly guarantee everyone’s safety then most reasonable people should be fine with disarming temporarily.

The issue is society has decided they don’t want to provide this level of security for their children at schools. I mean real security, not a sign on the front door that says “guns r banned.”

Also, I hate to sound like a concern troll, but I don’t like how the Parkland students have been reduced to a media reference for the annoying old point-counterpoint style of journalism (“but some say…”). I’m sure I’m the only one annoyed by this so whatever.

Hahaha holy shit, that Kemp ad is like the National Lampoon dog cover and Deliverance rolled into one.

Some schools have metal detectors. You can’t bring metal guns into them. So i guess that means it’s mostly suburbia society that made that decision.Police and drug sniffing dugs can and were also brought onto campus.

Jesus, barrel discipline motherfucker. Gun owners I know take that shit seriously.

edit: yeah what @Timex said.

Oliver North: President of the NRA.

I wondered what ol’ Ollie was up to these days.

Can he even legally own a gun?

North is definitely an improvement over Wayne LaPierre. Literally anyone would be.

I’d have thought Ted Nugent would be on the shortlist.

It’s the NRA. They should have a duel to figure it out. Pistols at high noon!

The only way to beat a bad candidate for guns is with a good candidate for guns.

edit: goofed the joke. fixed to clarify it’s just a silly riff, nothing more.

Pretty sure LaPierre has another role that he remains in. He’s the most well-known leader but isn’t the president of the group.

I may be misinterpreting what you are saying, but he is currently the president of the NRA.

Edit: ah, he’s apparently moving down to executive vice president now. No doubt so he can keep cashing those million dollar checks annually for “gun safety”.

Nope, never been president apparently:

If you show up with a pistol haven’t you already lost?

AR-15 with bumpstock or GTFO!