All-purpose gun legislation thread

If only the victim and camera woman could also have been armed here to prevent this tragedy.

NSFW warning, hairy nude man-boobs all over the place.

It’s not guns! It’s mental illness! The Glock 17 9mm purchased legally three months ago by the shooter has nothing to do with it!

I guess we have so many shootings now we can’t even track two of them at the same time at the national level. Today is all about Vegas though…

11 victims and one sheriff deputy killed.

Feels like a shooting like this is barely news anymore. I saw a line in the story that the shooter looked middle eastern, so I’m sure the usual suspects will suddenly call for law changes (for immigration, of course, not gun control).

Damn. I saw a headline earlier that said only a couple people were wounded and I just assumed it was a bar fight that got out of control or something.

Am I too early for the standard GOP thoughts an prayer routine?

Some info on the suspected shooter:

Mental health talks already… is he, well…

The suspected gunman Ian David Long was on active duty with the US Marine Corps from August 2008 to March 2013, according to Department of Defense records.

At a news conference, Ventura County Sheriff Geoff Dean said Long, 28, used a .45 caliber Glock during last night’s shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks, California.

Thank goodness it’s not terrorism.

I think the only way we’ll get some progress on reasonable gun control is if a good old boy white guy shoots up Fox News HQ for some reason. Would have to be pretty devastating to have any effect I assume.

HA, just kidding, that would just result in even more gun sales.

Already all the usual horseshit out there about how he was a converted muslim, etc etc. Infowars is on it!

Armed guards in every bar and grill!

Guards to guard the guards.

Until every gun has its own gun, we won’t be safe.

Exactly. America will not be safe until every college kid out for a night of bar crawling is packing heat, and every 70+ year old saying prayers at temple has a shotgun by their side.

Even worse, the usual suspects saying that now is not the time to talk about gun safety.

“Worst mass shooting in … 11 days.”

But it was a white dude, so it’s not news.