All you GTA Online players are screwing up the single player DLC for Grand Theft Auto V

Ehhhh… You’re part of the problem, or contributing to it.

Sad trombone.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/08/02/grand-theft-online-just-had-its-best-money-making-quarter-ever/

Take-Two noted today in its earnings report for the first quarter of fiscal year 2018 that Grand Theft Auto Online exceeded net sales expectations and was the single largest contributor to recurrent consumer spending.

Grand Theft Auto Online helped to drive Take-Two’s net sales for the quarter to $348.3 million, up 28 percent. A whopping 94 percent of that, $326.2 million, came from back catalog games, mostly Grand Theft Auto V and NBA 2K17.

I’m not really much of a Doors fan, but I do think Jim Morrison was dead on. People are strange.

This is the death knell of the single player narrative for Rockstar games and that makes me a sad panda. I still don’t understand how GTAV online is so popular given the lag and how difficult it is to play with friends. People need their virtual mansions and super cars I guess.

At this point I expect Red Dead Redemption 2’s singleplayer will be a minimal-effort tacked-on disgrace to RDR Online.

I just know you are gonna have to spend real money, to feed your horse some carrots in RDR2 Online. :(

“No, it was not really a conscious decision, it’s just what happened,” Sarwar says. “With GTA V, the single-player game was absolutely massive and very, very complete. It was three games in one. The next-gen versions took a year of everyone’s time to get right, then the online component had a lot of potential but to come close to realizing that potential, also sucked up a lot of resources. And then there are other games – in particular Red Dead Redemption II. The combination of these three factors means for this game, we did not feel single-player expansions were either possible or necessary.”

It’s dead, Jim.

I weep for the zombie apocalypse DLC we deserved, but will never get.

-Tom

EB6EC053-FAA0-46CC-AA38-3C6203CF7851

We’ll always have RDR Undead Nightmare.

No we won’t because I don’t have any way* to play it anymore!

-Tom

* that doesn’t involve setting up some useless Microsoft console system

Oh right, whoops. Meant to say I’ll always have Undead Nightmare.

First new heist mission in years:

The problem with the online content is they all seem to need 4 players to play, which makes pickup games next to impossible. I wasn’t able to do any of the new multiplayer heist missions because I could never find players. All I can ever do is the missions you can launch from the menu. Too bad.

I didn’t watch this embedded ad here, since I wasn’t interested in GTA online, but I saw it on Saturday a couple of times during Saturday Night Live, and then I saw it many, many times on Sunday during Football games. They’re advertising this a LOT. And I have to admit, the trailer is really good. It really makes it look like a new adventure in GTA V.

This is only coming to current-gen GTA V, right? I don’t own that. I only have last-gen GTA V (360).

Nightclubs with guest musicians coming to GTAO:

And this is why we don’t get Undead Nightmares DLC? DJs instead of zombies? Ugh.

-Tom

There will be zombies in abundance in Golf Wars 2.

I seriously do not get GTAO. How many daily players does it have these days?

All the scrubs not on Fortnite apparently.

Is singleplayer now broken due to GTAO, or is it still okay? I am considering getting it and playing for the first time.