Altered Carbon - Netflix, cyberpunk

I think Mackey will do fine in that role.

So Mackey’s resume literally opens with “REALLY good at dual-wielding pistols”, right?

New Captain America in altered carbon. Im here for this

Much better trailer, imo.

Get HYPE

Dunno if the story will be any good, but looks great.

Kind of sad they’re not doing the Mars story, but I’m cool with the direction they’re taking this show. I really liked the first season, with the exception of the terrible final episode.

Yup, looks like they’re just skipping book 2. It makes sense with the direction they took the first season, but I also would’ve been interested to see what that looked like

Positive early review from AVClub: https://tv.avclub.com/extreme-wealth-is-inhumane-in-the-second-season-of-alte-1841787364

Season 2 is live.

Yeah, didn’t realize this was coming out already. I think I had mentally switched the dates for this and Castevania in my head.

Wooo!

Watched the first 3 episodes, and it seems like a marked improvement over the first season. The parts where the show deviates from the books confuses me a bit(it’s been long enough that the two kind of run together in my brain), but really solid so far.

I wasn’t super thrilled with first episode and I miss Kinnaman, there is something about him I have liked since The Killing. Hope it improves.

I was eagerly anticipating this as I really enjoyed season 1. Unfortunately season 2 has been a bit disappointing. They have cut the budget and it looks cheaper (admittedly season 1 was extremely lavish). They also have a new showrunner and both the violence and nudity have been toned down/removed. These things combined have impacted the fever dream atmosphere the first season had. Altered Carbon has been defanged and that’s a shame.

That trailer showed Poe is back, so that’s cool. I’ll have to check this out this weekend.

Read these ages ago. I think I need to re-read them to work out what the hell’s going on :/

I just finished season 2 and was underwhelmed. It was distinctly mediocre. If I think back to season one there were lots of memorable scenes. Tak’s torture & escape, Day of The Dead + Grandma, naked clone fight etc where as I’m struggling to think of anything in season 2 that matched up. As I said earlier the goofy but rather unique excess has now gone and what remains is pretty bland and predictable. Mackey flexes gamely through the role but he too lacks Kinnaman’s charisma. I’ll be surprised if they get a season 3 (and considering the direction I won’t be too dissappointed).

First two episodes have been very good thus far.

Watched 1.5 eps, I’m not feeling it.

I’m feeling last 3 seasons of DND where all the changes are just annoying me more and more.

What was that tossing gun thing around?

What’s with all the boring banter with Poe?

“Poe, go advance the plot for me please.”

“Poe let’s have a conversation so I can explain what’s going on to the audience.”