Amazing Race Season 32

That makes two of us. Her breakdown of Colin and the Broken Ox was epic.

When I tried watching this on the AppleTV last night, it was doing that thing where there’s a voice describing what people on the screen are doing. I’ve seen that in the past on broadcast TV, like my local NBC station did it for the last season of The Good Place.

But in this case, it was super duper distracting. That description lady was talking more than the Race contestants on the Amazing Race. Every single edit on this show is like “So and So get into a taxi cab”, “So and So talking inside a taxi cab”, “So and So getting out of the cab”, “So and So run through a busy marketplace”, “So and so climb stairs”. Oh my god, how do I turn this off? I looked all around on the various settings on the CBS All Access app, but I couldn’t find it.

Luckily, later on my phone, I tried watching the episode, and the feature must be off there, because I was able to watch it without the audio descriptors, thank god.

Nice episode. Now I want to go to Bogota someday. Now that it’s no longer a country in eternal civil war, it looks like a really neat place.

Wait, episode two has aired? Our recording didn’t pick it up and that makes me mad!

My Plex recordings have been acting up too. So I’m glad I have CBS All Access. I looked up the reason Plex didn’t record, and it claims it didn’t have access to that channel, which is nonsense. (Well, it said that about Episode 1. It recorded Episode 2 just fine even though I didn’t change anything).

Try watching it on CBS.com instead of All-Access. The downside is you have to put up with commercials.

Good leg, but I was hoping for a more indigenous challenge.

(channels Phil). Colombia produces one of the largest cash crops in the world, and it’s biggest export is cocaine. Teams must arrive at this cocoa plantation, and, after studying with a master craftsman, pick and process enough cocoa leaves to produce one kilo (2.2 lbs) of Colombian Marching Powder. When the cartel Padron is satisfied with the quality and purity of their work, they’ll be given their next clue.

You, sir, need to work in TV! I’d would SO watch that!

I mean, that’s a great writeup, I could hear Phil very clearly, good job Sonoftgb; but processing cocoa leaves would make for a boring task to watch I bet. :-P

Muchas gracias

Swipe down (or equivalent) to make the top menu that shows Info, Subtitles and Audio appear. Select Audio and you likely have English AD track selected; change it to English.

My kids put this on on accident on our Roku. Drove my wife nuts until I figured out how to undo.

Oh nice, the audio track. Thank you so much.

I love that the show didn’t make a big deal of the topless women on the Amazon tribe. They didn’t play any clips of anyone even reacting to it, they just blurred out all the boobs, you could just miss it completely. Nicely done.

Is this the first time a team didn’t even make it to the first task until after everyone else had already checked into the pitstop?

I get that it’s probably just editing, but good job, TAR

What episode did you watch, because Paris was this week for me and… that didn’t happen.

That’s the one. Maybe my old man’s memory is faulty, but wasn’t the first task the one at the museum? By the time they showed the eliminated team getting there they had shown everyone else checking in.

Again, it was probably just edited to appear that way.

Definitely old man brain then, the first task was matching people to the painting they were dressed as.

And they were like the 5th or 6th team to leave that.

That’s what I was referring to. Then what was the place they couldn’t find. The bakery?

The carnival games. Which was the third challenge.

And even with editing you can clearly tel the eliminated team was not last (the pies are stacked at the end)

I have seen Phil arrive at a challenge location if a team is too far behind. One time a few seasons back a flight mishap put a team 12+ hours behind and they didn’t even make it to some of the challenges. Given the sisters finished after sun set the eliminated team couldn’t have been that far behind.

I don’t know about you guys, but if I were having a mold made of my mouth for the purpose of making a set of teeth, I would want it done by a game show contestant who doesn’t speak my language.

Yeah that was a WILD challenge…one that I would’ve immediately noped out of and switched to the other one. I don’t fancy myself sticking my hands in someone else’s mouth. More power to those that did it…that would have been all I needed to see to immediately switch challenges.