Amazing Race Season 32

Agreed. That is a weird one for everyone involved.

Also Swiggy, brings me back to my trip there. Ads for Swiggy were everywhere

But it was a nice break from all the “match this to that” challenges that seem to be dominating the season.

Man I didn’t even notice until you said something, but there have been quite a few of those this season, haven’t there? Like, 4 or 5 so far, at least?

Another great leg in what has been a pretty great season. I’d be happy with any of the F3 winning.

Never heard anybody say what D’Angelo said on the way out. What a sore loser.

Final 3? I’m that far behind now? I had seen the Paraguay episode, and then was in the middle of the next one where they go to Paris. How are they already on Final 3?

Ah ok, I looked up the schedule, it looks like they already did two double episodes this season.

Yeah. That surprised me.

Also, all those teams failing to remember one the cardinal rules, “READ YOUR CLUE!”

They were so close though, just failing to identify that the one song was from France not Germany. Which given the shift in how it was played was understandable.

I have a good musical ear, played music for years, and even I had a hard time connecting that song while knowing the answer. The staccato playing of the original with the more swung notes of the band made it really hard to translate. It was the song that most diverged from the source in terms of tempo and playing style, and was really difficult.

I get their frustration, and being who they are and what made them successful was their competitive drive. And in that moment after feeling like you lost not because of your own fault but due to a conspiracy, I get it. Doesn’t make it right, but I was rooting for them to figure it out first after they got so close.

They had read the clue, given they got the first 3 correct at least twice.

What’s odd is the “remember where you’ve been” challenge has always been the final one. Plus I don’t recall Phil ever telling the Final 3 where the last leg will be held before last night. I have a feeling big changes are afoot.

So how does everyone think they’ll resume filming S33, which was interrupted by the pandemic? Momentum has been lost, and there’s always the possibility that a racer has gained weight, lost interest, or even died.

I suppose they could bring back the teams that had been eliminated to that point and start over, but that doesn’t seem fair. Seems to me the best solution is to invite the teams that still remained back, fill in the gap with new racers, and begin again

Just finished the Paris episode. Holy shit. I don’t remember seeing this kind of a navigation failure for a long time. The whole episode the team in last place was so far behind everyone else that there was no tension in the episode, they looked destined to lose. Until another team took 6.5 hours to get from one task to another. Wow. It was my favorite team too. :(

For such a strong season that was a pretty “meh” finale. The teams were spaced so far apart there was no question as to who would win. I was hoping the winning team would suffer a last minute setback just to generate a little suspense.

Anyway, bring on the next one

Yeah, other than the king cake there wasn’t really any opportunity for turnarounds in the challenges.

Definitely a flaw in the design, and while the float globe idea was neat, it should have had more to it to allow mistakes. Even keeping the same challenges but reversing the order so the king cakes were last would have been good.

The big thing is they used the “remember some trivia from the previous legs” challenge in the penultimate leg. That would have been a big equalizer as the challenge in the final leg. The music could also have been played in New Orleans jazz style to tie to the final leg theme.

I wonder if that was because a planned challenge had to be scrapped at the last minute. Also for some reason I thought the final clue said teams had to find Phil on foot, and that the winners blew it, but I guess I heard it wrong

Nonetheless, it was an excellent season despite all the cooperation between teams. Don’t be surprised if next season (assuming there is one) there’s a rule prohibiting teams from giving each other too much help.

Yeah, all the cooperation certainly changed the Race a lot.

Anyway, I finally caught up! I really loved the Kazakhstan episode, what wonderful tasks and such a different location! Cambodia was great. It was great to finally see some basic personality from the Indian brother and sister. Well, from the sister at least.

I also loved the whole idea of the “Sprint around Manilla”, where you do a series of tasks around the city. It’s a shame that they put the musical “remember past races” task in that leg and completely made the other parts of that Sprint irrelevant. If they had put that tast in New Orleans instead, it would have made the Manilla leg better, and the New Orleans leg better.

Overall, I really enjoyed this season. They tried a lot of new things, and they had very different type of locations and tasks and it felt really fresh.

Yep, finally watched this season and really enjoyed it. None of that cross-promotion crap from earlier seasons (big brother / survivor…etc participants) and no real villain teams. Like they said in the initial blurb: a “back to basics” race.

Was also surprised by that ending where DeAngelo crapped on the whole race, while Gary tried to keep it upbeat and said it was great and was happy with DeAngelo. Seems like that comment of his isn’t just frustration about the last musical challenge (which would have been understandable), but something more.

I guess the Fast Forwards are gone?
Also hoping this show will survive!

Did anyone else watch BBCs “race across the world”? - Thought it was a great addition to the race genre and its 2 seasons bring a different flavour and style with it. None of that frenetic editing and non-stop music to heighten the tension. Just more “character” moments and giving the journey itself more room to shine!

I’m guessing that the announced National Geographic’s travel race show was stopped / delayed by Covid and seems to have been buried for now, which is a pity since it sounded really promising!

Race to the Center of the Earth is a brand new series featuring four teams of three, each starting in a different corner of the earth and all racing to one floating buoy in the Pacific holding a million dollars.

Unlike The Amazing Race , these teams are not traveling the same locations and competing in the same sorts of challenges. They each have their own individual challenges to complete, and they’re not eating weird things or convincing themselves to bungee jump. These competitors have to scale huge cliffs, trek through blizzards, cross extremely high bridges, and basically make their way through some of the most extreme bits of nature the producers could find, in an effort to show off “the beauty of our world.”

(EDIT: According to Wikipedia, filming took place in October 2019, so its just sitting on a shelf somewhere at Disney and it wasn’t hit by Covid…)

A quick update on that National Geographic show. The first episode was broadcast a few days ago, but it appears to be stuck behind a cable TV provider paywall so I can’t watch it. Has anyone given it a go?

(since NG is a Disney property, I’m hoping it’ll show up on one of the digital platforms after the season wraps?)

I’m pretty sure NatGeo is on one of my fucking bundles (Hulu, Disney, YoutubeTV, AppleTv, HBOMax, etc). I’ll have to check this out and let you know, cuz it’s right up our alley! Thanks for posting!!!

Thanks for the heads up. This sounds really interesting. I’m in Canada and have NatGeo on my cable subscription. PVR had been set.

If it comes to D+, I’ll watch it.

Well it’s not on Disney’s Nat Geo channel. But I am able to watch it with YouTube tv. I’ll report back tmrw but I doubt I’ll have any complaints.