Amazon Prime Wardrobe - Goodbye clothing stores

I did the Wardrobe thing for the first time last week. I was a bit disappointed by the fact that not all clothing available through Amazon was eligible - it’s a sizable subset - but the worst thing was that when searching for particular styles or brands it kept booting me out of the “Wardrobe-only” search results. This meant that I’d go down a rabbit hole of trying to find a particular type of slacks, see something I liked, and then belatedly realize that it was not Wardrobe-eligible.

But eventually I managed to cobble together a couple pairs of slacks that looked decent and two pairs of shoes (you need at least three distinct items before you can order them through Wardrobe). They arrived about four days later in a re-sealable box with a pre-printed mailing label.

Turns out that one of the slacks was too short and one of the two pairs of shoes was uncomfortable. The other two items were great. For context, I am 6’6" tall and it’s tough to find slacks with my inseam length that are not also far too big in the waist. I can usually find size 14 shoes no problem, but some need to be wide as well.

So I packed the “bad” two items up and dropped the box off at a UPS store a couple days later. When I got back home from that errand, Amazon had already detected from the UPS scan that I was sending back the box, so they asked me which items I was keeping, if any. I clicked the appropriate items, they charged me, and that was that.

Overall it was a pretty low-stress experience, and I reckon it will lead to me “shopping” for clothes more often through Amazon.

The one time I tried Wardrobe, the only clothes available were Amazon brands. I got a few button-down shirts and a hoodie. The hoodie was the thinnest and cheapest of crap I’ve ever felt, and the button-down shirts were a combination of way too big and way too small with nothing fitting my size at all.

Returned everything I got except for a pair of shorts. The shorts are OK, but nothing special.

/shrug